1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

which bass project to pursue??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bon viesta, Jan 26, 2021.

1. allparts/warmoth ‘1969’ jazz bass

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. chinese kit + rickenbacker hardware ‘1974’ 4001 bass

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    i’m a young man who’s views and aspirations are very bountiful, but of course with youth also comes stupidity. i want your opinion on this. currently, as bass becomes more and more satisfying and fun for me and i learn more and more (more scales, techniques, song structure, fretting technique, etc) i also long for more BASSES!!! who doesn’t? GAS, i believe it’s called. but buying basses wholesale from a company has never been really my priority, actually. i’m about to get a warmoth jazz that i custom put together on december 7th, when i was an idiot and didn’t know anything about bass. so reasonably the build will be cool but not really enough to “tickle my fancy”. i’ll certainly use it, a lot. but i long for something more... but anyways, two projects have been running around in my head, both of which have been fully thought out and are both absolutely possible, but i can’t decide which one i should pursue right now or in the nearer future. one is an allparts/warmoth sunburst jazz, warmoth neck, parts body, a la jermaine jackson. or basically just a stock 1969 jazz bass. binding, blocks, covers, the whole deal. OR! i could purchase (through legally questionable means???) a chinese neck thru husk of a rickenbacker bass, and deck it out into a ~1974 jetglo 4001. rickenbacker basses always looked awesome to me, though i don’t know if it’s what i’d really want instead of a jazz bass, because i’m not a ferocious prog bassist or anything, and plus this project would take substantially more time than the jazz bass, not counting warmoth’s build time. so which one should i pursue? a pre-finished 1969 jazz bass ‘replica’, or a to-be finished jetglo 70s rickenbacker?

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021