1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HS4115, Oct 17, 2009.

Which bass?

Poll closed Oct 20, 2009.
  1. Squier Affinity P-bass

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Ibanez GSR200

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. HS4115

HS4115

Oct 12, 2009
    I want to learn bass. Right now I can't decide between these two. Which would you recommend?

2. low-endz

low-endz

Dec 18, 2007
    Miami, FL.
    The one that feels better in your hands, Is set up best, and sounds better to you.

I do believe the Ibby-200 is much lighter than the P in weight, has a simple active bass boost thats easy to use.

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Squier, but not the Affinity.

Classic Vibe, or Vintage Modified. They can be had new for pretty cheap, or used for even cheaper.

4. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Whichever one you like the neck of better for playability. You may well end up upgrading the pups for either. I think the Ibanez has better hardware, so replacing its bridge would be less likely then with the squire. In that price range you should also see whats available in stores in your area for used.

5. IMO, anything but a Fender, especially a knock off Fender.

6. Professor Jones

Professor Jones

Sep 22, 2009
    Cort action bass. Best beginner bass IMO.

7. rdwoody1

rdwoody1

Aug 23, 2009
    Jackson, TN
    +1. Both lines turn out fantastic instruments. Granted, some of them are bad, but the majority of them are very nice.

8. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    I am with the others here. The Classic Vibe series basses are very nice!
    Of the two you mentioned I guess the Yamaha would be the one. But before you pick one go to a Guitar Center or other music shop and play them both. Each person is different in what they like, how it feels, and sounds.