Which Blues Driver mod?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Melvin7822, Dec 29, 2004.

Which Blues Driver mod?

Poll closed Jan 8, 2005.
  1. Analog Man BD-2/Super

0 vote(s)
  2. Robert Keeley BD-2 Phat Switch Mod

1. Melvin7822

Melvin7822 Supporting Member

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    I just bought a Boss BD-2 Blues Driver which I just loved the sound of at the store. I know a few of you have modded ones. My question is which mod is better, AnalogMan or Robert Keeley? If anyone can provide some valuable feedback on either of these mods, that would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    umm...since you aren't getting any sort of feedback from the bass-talkers, maybe you can ask the people at www.guitargeek.com

caveat: they're mainly guitar players over there.
  3. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    there area few low enders... I myself use that board... I would consider analog man's myself... There is also indiguitarist.com, tonejam.com, doobtone.com, and many others...

4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, very few fellow "low-lifes." i do remember seeing your geeked rig (and being duly impressed!). the bass area of the site is this side of being dead, as there is this site for bass-related venting.
  5. IglooBass

IglooBass Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Easton, PA.

I have the Keeley modded BD-2 pedal. I used the non-modified pedal for a while and there is a substantial difference. It keeps the bottom end nice and fat while not sounding like the dreaded 'swarm of bees', which I think most Boss overdrive pedals sound like on bass. I've never heard Analogman's version, but I'm sure it's quality too since I have his DD3 delay modded pedal, which sounds great. I also use a Russian version Big Muff for ripping heads off and a Fulltone Bassdrive for that 'overdriven SVT sound ' - this pedal sounds great going to tape or hardisk. Hope that helps a bit.

Ed Iglewski