1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which cab to pair with my Carvin BX500?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Parabolic, May 4, 2010.

1. Parabolic

Parabolic

May 4, 2010
    I just ordered a Carvin BX500, and I wanted to get some opinions about some cabs that would go good with this amp.

I'm currently looking at an Ampeg SVT 410 HLF or a Carvin BRX10.4 Neo. Any opinions on which would be a better fit?

I play a Carvin 5-string so I'm looking for something with good low frequency response, but that also sounds good all around since I can only really afford one cabinet at this point.

I'm also open to other cabinet suggestions. Those are just the two that I've seen for sale (used) in my area at my price range ($500 or less).

2. Mine feeds a Carvin BRX10.2Neo 2X10 4 Ohm speaker, which I like so much with all of my amps I bought another one for the rest of them to feed.

3. I've got both the Carvin BRX10.4 and BRX10.2 neo cabs. Either one will handle the low B no sweat. Sometimes I use them together with the BX500 or separately, they sound great to me. The BRX10.4 is an unsung hero of a cab, not that many people really know about them, but they are dynamite cabs in their own right.

4. xplorer

xplorer

Aug 7, 2008
    Connecticut
    I actually use an SVT-410 HLF with my BX500 as my current rig, and I've gotta say I love how it sounds. I don't use a 5-string, so i can't really speak from experience, but I know that HLF is designed to really keep a solid low end, so I would be inclined to recommend it over the BRX10.4 Neo. Though if you're looking for something that's quite portable, the BRX would be a better choice over the much heavier HLF.

5. wake & Bass

wake & Bass Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Arden, NC
    Avatar 4X10 Neo (4 ohm) Handles the power and sounds Great!

6. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    I use two GB Neox T112 cabs