1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

which country/color should i get???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 27_kicks, Apr 11, 2009.

1. MIA (american)

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  2. MIM (mexican)

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. MIJ (japan)

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. 27_kicks

27_kicks

Jan 19, 2009
    Hey y'all ... so I'm gonna go pick up a P bass.. for anyone hat helped with my last queston they'll realize I switched from a J to a P...they sit better and play better for what I need them to do. So my final question is which color and which country should it come from? It's GOTTA have a maple fretboard, any combinations of color for body and pickguard would be great. The poll is just for which country... if you vote please explain why you chose that country...THANKS :hyper: :ninja: i like ninjas :ninja:

2. I don't see a poll.

3. 27_kicks

27_kicks

Jan 19, 2009
    well you should!

4. rcarraher

rcarraher

Dec 21, 2008

I voted american, but only cause I absolutely love the antique cherry burst! (I have an 08 custom shop jazz that I would run out of the house first with in a fire, then I'd come back for the 70's Honer, then the cats, then the Beatles collection, Steely Dan, Stones, Hendrix, and if the FD hadn't got there yet, my GF) Not to mention they are well put together. But the japanese are damn near as well built (if not better) and I like the dark red, I think its called midnight wine. The mexican basses just don't do it for me, I think they must be limited to the cheaper hardwear, and woods, so its no reflexition on the mexican workmanship, just the parts they are limited to using.

5. MIJ/CIJ bass gets my vote.

Just love the options and quality they offer

6. It wasn't there when I first clicked on the thread. :)

My vote is for MIA all the way. IMO the new MIA's are heads above the MIJ and MIM basses quality-wise. I've never had a MIM bass that felt like it would last 30 years but my MIA does.

7. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Switch? Why not have both since a backup bass is a good thing to have anyway?

As well, one with rounds & the other wearing flats...

8. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Geddy Lee jazz.

9. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Oh, and fail.