1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Fender color is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AYC, Dec 22, 2018.

1. AYC

AYC

Aug 13, 2018
    Liam Wilson from DEP's backup Fender. Has an almost orange tint to it. I was thinking Candy Apple but nothing seems to match up...might be due to lighting. Any ideas?

P.s. He commented on those pictures that he thinks it's an 03-04 American. F47EC869-0E35-414D-BB4A-9D397A7C5E3D. 6F80F589-C97C-4D3C-84B5-228B7607DBAD.

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    There is a candy tangerine color sometimes in the Fender palette. No idea if that's it but it might be. Or maybe some sort of root beer sparkle. I dunno.

AYC likes this.
  3. It's definitely not CAR, I had one years ago and it was a very red color.

the_home and AYC like this.
  4. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    Agree with bholder. I think it’s an American deluxe in candy tangerine with modified electronics. You can see the original output jack plate on the bottom of the body in the first pic
    B11E1060-6227-407A-8DBB-6C8B42DE8DA3.

bholder likes this.
  5. AYC

AYC

Aug 13, 2018
    Makes sense. He did mention that he modified it with an Aguilar pre which would explain the jacks. Thanks.