1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which is a better bang for your buck?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dodgeviperracer, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Dodgeviperracer

Dodgeviperracer C'est La Vie

I'm in the market for a micro amp. I've narrowed it down to the Mark Bass II, III, or an F1 and on the flip side a Eden WTX550. I understand that alot of it is personal preference but if someone who has tried these could give me an honest comparison of their experience with any of these and the pros and cons it would be greatly appreciated.

2. I've no experience with either amps but KJUNG has a bunch of youtube clips with A/Bing MB with other simi amps and the MB's sounded pretty good.

3. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Although both rated at 500 watts into 4 Ohms, the Markbass packs more wallop IME. I had a WTX 500 that clipped easily and although the features were great, the sound was meh. YMMV.

4. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Mount Prospect, IL
    The Markbass heads do pack a PUNCH in the volume in the department and I will agree the WT 550 runs out of steam WAYYYY too fast. If you use the Eden head, I suggest turning the low frequencies below 80hz down as a default setting.

I thought the WT550 sounded great though, but much better though with a 4 ohm load or at least more speaker cabs.

If you like the Markbass stuff already, I suggest going this route right away. There is very little reason to not go for Markbass unless you hate the tone produced by the heads (like I do! :D)

5. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    perhaps it boils down to ease of use and construction.

Many mb products have their pots attached to the circuitboards...or did.

I Like the filters but you may prefer more traditional controlsthan markbass

6. you need to check out the gk mb5

7. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    genz shuttle series.

8. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    Mark Bass is "Allah Approved"!!! :hyper:

9. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    What the!!!
    Probably not appropriate but hey G made us creative. So here's the music and here are some of the tools to make music.