1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which kramer to buy? 450b vs. xk20 vs dmz, etc.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geoffwich, Jan 6, 2012.

1. geoffwich

geoffwich

Aug 9, 2011
    Baltimore
    Hi all,

I want a kramer bass, for sure. I've played a couple (not sure which models) and they really are what I'm looking for next for my music.

From some research, I've gathered that some models are fantastic and others kind of suck. I'm just trying to see if anyone can describe what the difference is between different models.

My tendency is to not like basses that are "sensitive," meaning I like a bass that I have to play hard in order to get a good sound out of. Basses with really powerful pickups actually leave me feeling unsatisfied.

Stagemasters seem incredible but too pricey, so I'm really looking at the 450b, xk and dmz models. Any differentiation between these types would be appreciated.

Thanks all!
    -G

2. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
  3. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    Yeah, the above Kramer website says it all. I have a few Kramers, and personally I prefer the DMZ & Stagemaster series.....but for the opposite reasons you want. The DiMarzio pickups kick ass, I love them. You may prefer the earlier 450B & 650B. The pickups aren't quite as hot....