1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which Octave Up pedal has the least latency?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JosephRose, May 10, 2017.

1. JosephRose

JosephRose

Nov 9, 2016
    Philly-ish
    Which Octave Up pedal has the least latency?

Right now I have the Micro Pog and it is too slow. I need less latency. Every other aspect is secondary to the latency.

2. tfer

tfer

Jan 1, 2014
    TCE Sub N Up has no noticeable latency in the Poly setting.

howlin and zontar like this.
  3. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    The Bass Whammy or H9 are my top picks

4. azfatboy

azfatboy

May 11, 2016
    I have the Bass Whammy, POG-2 and the PitchFork (also the PS-6 and OC-3, but I don't count those as true octavers). I do not really notice any latency, but certainly the Whammy seems to have very similar performance (tone and latency wise) to the EHX octavers. I also have a VoiceLive 3, which has an octaver, but that definitely has noticeable latency to my ears.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  5. Jonahlane

Jonahlane

Mar 29, 2016
    I use the EHX Bass Micro Synth, and it has an octave up that has zero latency. The sub octave has a very very small amount, but I have not noticed any with the up.

6. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue

Oct 9, 2016
    I've never detected any latency on my Mooer Tender Octaver, but since it's a Micro Pog clone I'd feel just a little silly recommending it without the disclaimer as such.

--^@

Billy C. and jcerio like this.
  7. Bass Whammy gets it done for me. It isn't possible for a digital octaver to have zero latency, that's just physics.

8. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    Same with the TonePrints I have tried...
    the Classic setting is to reproduce the older style Octave pedals--so I think they built in at least a slight bit.

tfer likes this.
  9. Blaargh

Blaargh

Apr 4, 2016
    I can't speak for others, but I have the Bass Whammy and it has unnoticeably low latency.

10. TerribleLiar23

TerribleLiar23 GNSRZRSKNVS Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2011
    RTP
    I'm very happy with my Fishman Fission. Sold my BWhammy after I got it, although it wasn't because of latency. It was because the Fishman has a dry out. I was always pleased with the Whammy latency.

11. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    IIRC Eventide and Digitech both track quickly and feel a bit more responsive than the POG2 I used to own. IMO the only way to get to no latency is to go analog at the cost of clarity of the octave up tone.

12. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    I wonder why you never noticed the latency ... turn the dry signal off and try again.