Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which Supercar?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bernie Connors, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Which of these supercars would you go for given you had the finances required to own such a machine?

Bugatti Veyron
    ~980 HP
    Website
    Pic

Ferrari Enzo
    650 HP
    Website
    Pic

Hard to go wrong with either really. Both about the same money. You won't buy either for less than a million.

2. none, I don't like these kind of cars, just give me a Landrover Defender :D

3. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Ferrari, because it looks better, IMO. As well, Ferrari is a well known symbol of status in many modernized cultures, which would make me a pimp :cool:

4. Let us know why you picked what you picked as well. :)

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I picked the Ferrari. For one, it looks cooler. For two, it sounds better to say "Hey babe, come outside and check out my FERRARI."

Bugatti sounds like a disease.

-Mike

6. Yeah, it would be a hard decision. Ferrari has years and years of innovation, but so does Bugatti. The Enzo has 12 cylinders and the Veyron has 16! They're both incredible machines. It would be a hard decision.

7. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    You guys would pick an Enzo. For the million, you search high and low for a McLaren F1. To anyone who says they're all snagged up, get a Dupont registry book and you will find one. Or give Troy Trepanier a call, and have a machine built for you that will absolutely blow these cars away. BLOW THEM AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FERRARI AND BUGATTI SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.radrides.com/

8. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I like the Veyron best.
    -It reminds me of the Batmobile, and it's a truely unconventional design that's sure to turn heads no matter who its made by.
    -The interior if classy and elegant, as opposed to the Ferrari's which looks like a suburbanites' fantasy of what a race car looks like, and doesn't look nearly as comfortable.
    -The shape of the Ferrari's cockpit makes it look like a blemish on a slice of red cheese on wheels.

9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Ok, I'm changing my answer.

[​IMG]

10. Option c - Lamborghini Diablo.

11. Those cars by Troy are amazing but a Ferrari and a Bugatti are in a different class. It's hard to compare a European supercar with an American custom. Two different beasts.

12. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Bugatti all the way. I've quite enjoyed many of Bugatti's designs lately, and have never liked Ferrari much in the looks department. Then again, have you guys seen the new Bentley coupe? Oh my, oh my indeed. And it's even more gorgeous in person. Kind of like an XK8 on steroids.

13. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    You have a point....but I'll keep on not believing it!! :p

14. Yeah, that Bentley couple is amazing!! Hennessey Performance makes a kit for it too. As if it needed more power! :D

15. :D

You can't escape the darkside...

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah! My stuff rulez! Your stuff sux! WHOOOOOOOO!!!

brad cook

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Nah, whoring women out and taking a portion of their pay would make you a pimp. The car would just make you a classy pimp.

brad cook

18. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I'd take my Mercury Mountaineer over those cars any day, but I wouldn't mind owning a pimped out Escalade ;) One of my neighbors owns a Ferrari and it hardly gets any use, but an SUV is good for anything.

19. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    That's fine by me to. :p

20. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Bugatti! I don't like the body on the Enzo, and the bugatti just looks swank. :D