1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Traynor cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by insomniac2295, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Thinking about buying the YBA200-2 head and would like a matching Traynor cab to go with it. Thinking about the 810 or the 808. Leaning more towards the 808. I play a 5 string. Help anyone? I've heard the 1x15+2x10 cab they make can sound more or less, "unfocused" compared to their other cabs.

2. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    i just used my yba200 on a ampeg 810 .... LOVED IT

3. did you use a 5 string? if so, was the b muddy?

4. Anthbass

Anthbass

Jul 24, 2006
    Canada
    I've spent a few hours playing through the Traynor 810, with the YB200, an SVT, and a BB750. It sounded best to my ears with the Mesa, but it was no slouch with the tube heads, either. I had no issues with it handling a B string.

5. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    all i play is 5 stringers ... i only use 810 cabs , ashdown mag810 early pre us model and a this ampeg 810e i picked up a week or so ago ... i never have a problem with my b string ... the traynor and the cabs handle it just fine . just to mention , i play loud rock covers and originals ,,,, so you may not like my tone at all .....

6. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    +actually i got more comps last night on my "beater rig" than i have lately with my ashdown and ampeg cl .......

7. XC/TC 808 cabinets are wicked with a punchy low B (as punchy as low b gets i spose). There have been some very good reports about the new traynor 810 too.