1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

White/Maple Precision basses with black guards please!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Meddle, May 9, 2010.

1. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    Hello all. I've been watching a few Ramones documentaries, and I've been planning to get a MIM Precision bass (I've decided to leave the world of anonymous cheap basses), so I've plumped for one with a maple neck and a black guard on a white body. However pics of such things are few and far between (except pictures of Dee Dee and the guy out of Radiohead), so I need your help to push me onto the final plateaux of GAS (and maybe get some sexy wallpaper). I love that basic 'doing it RIGHT!' functionality of a P, and i love that colour scheme the most, though sunburst with a rosewood board and torti plate is a close second.

Thanks in advance, show us your lovely basses!

2. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Josh Newton of Every Time I Die just got a lefty Sandberg P in that color scheme, specifically because of the Ramones. He posted it on his twitter @jnewton a couple days ago, you're welcome to search for it.

3. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    I'm a twitter-o-phile so I might be some time... Thanks for the heads up though!

4. blmeier7

blmeier7

May 7, 2006
    Amarillo, TX
    It's not a great pic, but here are my two Precisions with white bodies with maple boards (although one is a PJ, but you can get the idea). Both of these basses are 2008 models. One is a USA Std P and the other is the Tony Franklin sig. I love the look and sound of a white P bass and maple fretboard.

Attached Files:

5. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    none of these are exactly what you're looking for, but here ya go

IMG_1346.
    50sPcu.
    IMG_1337.
    IMG_1341.

6. It'll look something like this:

mad-catz-fender-bass-rock-band.

:p

Where abouts you from bud?

7. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    I currently live in Edinburgh, but my family home is in Dunblane, so still pretty local huh? Love that GH controller, though I wish they had atleast tried to put a bridge on it! Doh!

Loving the other pics btw guys!

8. cb03.

9. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    Love that Simonon replica!

10. I love rock band, and I own one of those.

In fact, the "thumbrest" on that has been taken off, sanded down, and attached to my real Fender Jazz. It's fantastic and the perfect size to fit between the bridge pup and the pickguard

11. MRDOOM

MRDOOM

Jul 16, 2009
    Utah
    +1
    The Clash Rule

12. My┬┤78 Precision ;)

4120105385_16a4a09130_o.

GAS! GAS! GAS! GAS! :bassist:

13. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    Thanks for the pics! Cool punk rock stuff. I'm also interested in black and maple... and that gets its own fanclub!

14. bobwhite

bobwhite

Mar 11, 2010
    +1!!