Who Bassist at Live 8?? Wow!!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Stingus, Jul 2, 2005.

1. They never really showed a good close up of him in the brief clip I saw of The Who doing "Won't Get Fooled Again", but that bassist was NOT Pino!! Wow! WHOever it was kicked
    @ss and hit every Ox-esque fill!

Any idea who it was???

(PS Is it me or are they just being the biggest teases about the coverage of bands? Just when I was getting into Maroon 5 doing "Rocking in the Free World", they cut away!! ***?)

2. jazzblade

Jun 21, 2005
    Northern Cal
    What There is actually a music concert going on??? I thought it was just a bunch of teasers. If they think I'm gona buy a DVD of the concert without knowing what's on it they are crazy.

Had to go online to watch The Who.

So far the only thing I saw from beginning to end was Sgt Peppers,The kick off. Everything else on TV was hacked.

The guy with the who was pretty good. Don't know who he is but he did get kinda repetive. something John hardly ever did IMHO. I sure miss the slides and triplet fills from the OX
  3. big deal, a bunch of clapped out all boys doing 2-3 songs, yawn

and the who just wasnt the same without the ox
  4. lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    the who has never been the same without keith moon! i have never seen a drummer ever who played like him.
  5. marty1966

Sep 24, 2004
    The bass player with The Who was Damon Minchella.....formerley of Ocean colour scene and has also played with Paul Weller.
  6. Good to know... I think he played really well...

And then... Mr. Roger Waters!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  7. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I found the Who to be rather disappointing. Roger Daltrey really lost it somewhere along the road, very disappointing.

Pink Floyd on the contrary :eek: :) ...
  8. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    I agreed until i saw the royal albert hall dvd w/ zak starkey--I though zak brought the energy and enough of a nod to moonie's style to re-vitalize the who for the first time.

Was that zak on live8?

p.s. i wasn't impressed w/ pink floyd
  9. the drummer was Steve White, of Paul Weller's band (and also brother of Alan White who Zak Starkey has replaced in Oasis)
  10. The Who didn't do much for me. Yet, i only saw "Who are you." But did anyone see Maroon 5's singer do Signed Sealed Delivered with Stevie Wonder? Man that guy can really sing.