Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who here has had a thread closed

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Apr 8, 2004.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Come on out and share of your expirence with having a thread you started closed.It is unfourtunate when you want to have a sincere discussion of a topic put things get out of control and it has to close. I also want to see how common a thing it is with all of you. I personally have had a few that had spun out of control but that is life.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
  3. Normally, I'm the kind of person that does the "in before the close" posts. Other than that I don't think that I've ever had a thread closed.

4. Never, in the history of any forum i belong too have i had a thread i started closed.
    But the only time i do make a thread is if i have a question i cant figure out for myself...so i never really started many threads. And i never start anything that could be 'controversial'.

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Not I. Perhaps I should give it a whirl.

I wonder how fast I could get an anti-John Turner thread shut down? :p

6. odie

odie Supporting Member

CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. odie

odie Supporting Member

;) :D

Zoinks, gotcha didnt I!!

8. I've had a few OT threads closed on me...but now that I look back at them they were stupid and immature and deserved to be closed. Thanks for showin me the way Odie!

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I've had a few threads closed but, it was politics. They now enjoy a longer shelf life in "The Lounge". But when OT was "the place", I had a few threads closed. Usually they were dying out anyway.

10. I post pointless stuff all the time and it usually gets closed within a few hours.

11. Once but not because of thread content. That involved double threading, posting in wrong forums, both threads moved to same forum, all sorts of shenanigans. The follies of posting before thinking.

12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'm probably up there on the "People with the most closed threads" list.

13. MAJOR METAL

Mike not you :p

14. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I think I've had one thread closed in my history as a TB member. The thread was me complaining about burritos/hotpockets not cooking the whole way through. :D

15. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I had one thread closed about Metallica bassists right after i joined here.

16. MAJOR METAL

I like Metallica :)

17. I can't even remember all the threads I've had closed.

18. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I haven't started a thread later to be closed, I think...

19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I've had a couple. One was destined to be closed from it's inception, in that, the topic was "watch out!" and the message was "here it comes!"

of course I was referring to the impending lock ;)

I just made a thread that might get closed, I mean, it's kind of borderline I guess, nudity is involved, but, I dunno, you'd have to be pretty sheltered to be offended by it. but then again, nudity is nudity [insert wardrobe malfunction joke] :rolleyes:

20. ooo

i've had several of mine close... on about this website thats called: "jesus is hitler" its a joke trying to prove jesus is hitler, i think its funny cuz its so dumb... WWWWWCome on man!!!! :(

apparently admin didn't think so...