Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who played on Yanni Live at the Acropolis?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by funkmuffin, Aug 8, 2005.

1. funkmuffin

funkmuffin

Aug 18, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    Don;t know if you've heard it, but there is some wicked bass work on a couple of the tunes, especially "The Rain Must Fall" (3-4 minute bass solo -- badass!).

Anyone know who it is?

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I think it was Ric Fierabracci...he's played a lot with Yanni. I saw part of that concert on tv when I was much younger...I don't remember much about it except that the drummer was insanely good.

3. It was infact Ric Fierabracci.. Fantastic bass player and actually a great album. I'm not too hip on newage music, but this CD is really good..

Plus I'm biased because Im Greek :)

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    :bassist: Yanni :bassist:

5. +1 on the great album

I have to hide the fact that I listen to it because, without fail, someone hears "Yanni" and starts cracking. My mom bought that album like 10 years ago and I got hooked. The arrangements are very cool and it has made me check out some other Yanni stuff.

His tone is pretty interesting as well. Did I detect some weird harmonics too? Does Ric play anywhere else or just with Yanni?

6. I detected some harmonics too and I love his tone.
    Ric has played with a lot of artists, he has performed as a part of the chick corea electrik band, frank gambale band, dave weckl band, billy cobham, plus many more.
    check out his site:
    www.ricfierabracci.com

7. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I LOVE Yanni. And the bass playing on that album . . . one of my big influences, without a doubt.

8. Lonnybass

Lonnybass Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2000
    Minneapolis by way of Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses