Who played on Yanni Live at the Acropolis?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by funkmuffin, Aug 8, 2005.

1. funkmuffin

Aug 18, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    Don;t know if you've heard it, but there is some wicked bass work on a couple of the tunes, especially "The Rain Must Fall" (3-4 minute bass solo -- badass!).

Anyone know who it is?
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I think it was Ric Fierabracci...he's played a lot with Yanni. I saw part of that concert on tv when I was much younger...I don't remember much about it except that the drummer was insanely good.
  3. It was infact Ric Fierabracci.. Fantastic bass player and actually a great album. I'm not too hip on newage music, but this CD is really good..

Plus I'm biased because Im Greek :)
  4. +1 on the great album

I have to hide the fact that I listen to it because, without fail, someone hears "Yanni" and starts cracking. My mom bought that album like 10 years ago and I got hooked. The arrangements are very cool and it has made me check out some other Yanni stuff.

His tone is pretty interesting as well. Did I detect some weird harmonics too? Does Ric play anywhere else or just with Yanni?
  5. I detected some harmonics too and I love his tone.
    Ric has played with a lot of artists, he has performed as a part of the chick corea electrik band, frank gambale band, dave weckl band, billy cobham, plus many more.
    check out his site:
  6. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I LOVE Yanni. And the bass playing on that album . . . one of my big influences, without a doubt.
  7. Lonnybass

Jul 19, 2000
    Minneapolis by way of Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses