1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who's Using any IP/Bergantion Cabs?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by bThumper38, Apr 26, 2009.

1. bThumper38

bThumper38 brian ebert

I've been using powered PA speakers for awhile and love it although I didn't have the best of luck with the mackie 1521z cabinets. I've got a pair of those, and a QSC 18" powered Sub. I love the QSC. It gives me low end for days, But I need better mids/highs. Are the IP cabinets worth paying over $2000. If I get one yes reply that's all I need to order one. Thanks brian

2. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    Your using this for a bass rig?

3. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I've got an IP310 and it sounds fantastic.

However, it does weigh a fair bit, and since my back surgery, I've been favoring using an AE410 for the smaller gigs.

One word of caution: The IP cabinets are extremely sensitive to preamp choice -- with the right preamp, they're incredible, but owners sometimes go through a couple preamps before finding the one that suits them best.

4. bThumper38

bThumper38 brian ebert

Yes I'm using this for a bass rig. I use multiple preamps in stereo and couldn't figure a different way to do it. So do ya think a DB680 would work with the IP310?