1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Who's using the Rumble V3 500 combo with the Rumble V3 112 ext cab ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davyo, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    I'm thinking about adding an ext cab to my Rumble V3 500, I'm liking the idea of the Rumble 112 cab for a few reasons.
    I've always liked the sound of 12"s more than 10's or 15's, also the Rumble 112 cab is not as tall as the Rumble 2x10 cab so that's a plus,, and the 112 cab is a perfect fit in the depth and width dimensions to the 500 combo.
    Yea, I could do the 210 cab or the 115 cab, but I'm curious to see who's running the Rumble 500 combo with the 112 cab and what the opinions, results and feedback is ?
    Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    Davyo

(and yes, I did search through the Rumble clubs for an answer but for this question it was like trying to find a needle in a haystack and my search didn't yield much results, so please don't move my question to the Rumble club thread as my specific question will get buried in that massive thread)

2. lowplaces

lowplaces Got Punch ?

Dec 20, 2015
    Louisville Kentucky
    I have two of the v3 112 cabs but have not used them with the 500 combo.

I will say I love the cabinets. Someone will be along shortly to answer your question.

3. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Thanks,,,, when I did my search I did read mentions where a few people were using the 500 with the 112 cab but couldn't find their posts to read about their opinions of that setup.

Cheers
    Davyo

lowplaces likes this.
  4. J-Bassomatic

J-Bassomatic

Mar 30, 2017
    Canton OH
    mikecd1 does. Post 19449. He sold me one of his 210s and kept the 112, a 210 and the 500. There was another fellow back around then who was mixing cabs, he posted a video, no sorry, that was a 115. Sounded great. Post 18886

5. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    I use it with the 200, so I can say it works well with that, and the dimensions of the stack are perfect

I think @Bodeanly uses the 500/112 , apologies if I confused that with someone else.

Davyo and Bodeanly like this.
  6. Bodeanly

Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    Yep, I use the 500c with the 112. I was originally shopping around for the 210, but found the 112 on here for a price I could not refuse. While it's not the only rig I use for gigs, it definitely delivers. In fact, on occasion, I have even used the 112 to simply elevate the combo, leaving it unplugged. That 500c is a freakin monster.

I never considered the 115 or the 410 to go along with the combo because they are not the same width and I am OCD af.

Davyo likes this.
  7. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Yea, I'm kinda OCD as well so the matching dimensions of the Rumble 500 combo and the Rumble 112 cab are a plus to me.
    The Rumble 210 cab is the same dimensions but taller than the Rumble 112 cab, I like the shorter height of the 112 as it makes it easier to change and see the amp settings.

So how does the the Rumble 500 combo sound when paired up with the Rumble 112 cab ?

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers
    Davyo

8. Bodeanly

Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    It sounds great, but the 112 also sounds awesome by itself. I have the 500 head as well, so when I practice at home, that's what I sometimes use. It's tight, round, and punchy. It adds volume and fullness to the 500c, plus it looks cool on stage. I don't always gig with it though because I usually have a 410 in my car from the previous gig. While the Rumble stuff is light, my 410 cabs are on wheels and scattered around town at various rehearsal spots. I don't wanna say that I'm lazy, but it's the first word that comes to mind and I'm on summer vacation.

9. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Coolness, thanks for the feedback on the Rumble 500 combo with the 112 cab.

I'm a big fan of 12's, best money I've ever spent is my GK MB500 head paired with my GK Neo 212 cab, when I wish to knock buildings off their foundations that's my rig of choice.

Most of the venues I play though have FOH and sound engineers that don't want big stage volume so combos are the perfect choice, plus getting those 10's up a little higher to ear level will keep my stage volume in check, and I'm thinking using the 112 cab paired with my 500 combo will give me a beefier stage sound as well.

Another plus for the Rumble 112 cab is it's the same width and depth dimensions as the GK MB210 combo which I'm thinking about re-purchasing.

I'm more of GK person but I do love my Rumble 500 combo.

Cheers
    Davyo

10. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    So what's the verdict? Did you end up doing a 12 ext.?

11. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Yep, I got the Rumble 112 ext cab to pair with my Rumble 500 combo, I’m very happy with the results.

But I am selling my Fender gear and will be going back to using GK gear, I much prefer the sound of GK over Fender.

Cheers
    Davyo

emblymouse and Buzz E like this.
  12. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Did the 112 change the beef factor or just gave you more of what you already had?

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021