1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Why do people dislike you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Generally speaking, why do people dislike you? Among my various detractors some would say I ask too many questions :p , while others would say I am cold and aloof.

2. CTC564

CTC564 Gold Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Toms River,NJ
    Tall, aloof and sometimes get misinterpreted as arrogant.

3. My manner of conversing is interpreted as overly intellectual and complicated sometimes - which leads to accusations of being 'Sheldon (from The Big Bang Theory)-like' :p

4. 'Cause I stink of evil.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I struggle with being tactful. At times I have difficulty showing compassion. Due to my large size, I just look like a mean person.

-Mike

6. I'm better looking than most people. But I'm not arrogant, conceited, egotistical, or full of myself at all.

7. Can be intimidating (apparently, never really understood that one), over analytical and can be annoying contrarian at times :bag:

8. I'm not as good looking as other people (IMO, despite what ppl say ), I'm smarter than most ppl around me, and I don't censor myself (very few exceptions). Over analytical as well.

9. if i could figure that out i'd work on fixing it.

10. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    I'm a sinner. So are they.

11. Type A personality, extremely methodical, and not very emotional.

12. Truktek2

Truktek2

Sep 5, 2008
    Queens, NY
    To people I don't really know, I'm very private and on guard, so I don't offer much information about myself during conversation. That, with the fact that I don't care about other peoples stories, make me look like I have an attitude. People who know me love me though. :)

13. I'm not very social and have limited interests so I find few reasons to be around people and when I am around people I dont find much to talk about.

14. You and me both...

I actually had "abrasive and argumentative" on a performance review once.

15. Sijjvra

Sijjvra

Mar 31, 2009
    Because I'm blunt and not particularly friendly until someone earns my respect. I also am not afraid to give idiots a verbal beating, and considering how many stupid people are in the world, this doesn't earn me a whole lot of fans. I've got a sarcastic, dry sense of humor and sometimes people think I'm being serious when it's tongue in cheek (this happens most often online because typed words don't convey tone very well). I have an INTP personality, so I realize I come across as arrogant or detached quite often when I'm simply off in my own thoughts and not paying attention.

But the friends I do have I'm very loyal and generous to.

16. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    My mother always told me they were jealous, and I've just stuck with that.

Some say I'm confrontational.

You got a problem with that?

17. Illini10

Illini10

May 15, 2012
    Elmwood, IL
    Very dry sense of humor and deadpan delivery, people can't tell when I'm joking or being sarcastic. I have a bit of a dirty mouth, which my wife says is odd for someone with a master's degree, but she forgets who raised me and how many years I spent in the military.

I know I'm good-looking (because my wife and my mom tell me so) but I still think of myself as the slightly dorky 14 year old freshman with acne and funny hair so my self-deprecating comments are not seen as self-deprecating. . . goes back to my dry sense of humor and deadpan delivery.

I'm actually pretty well liked, I just rub some people the wrong way.

18. I say what's on my mind.
    I tell the truth, which some people don't like - even though they asked me to be truthful.
    ^ this.

19. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yeah, pretty much me in a nutshell. I appear either too intense, or unapproachable...hell, i get told I look angry when I am merely concentrating / listening to someone... but hey, get to know me before making assumptions.

20. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    You gotta ask??