1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

why dont people look at other peoples soundclouds?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bluestone, Oct 9, 2013.

1. bluestone

bluestone

Apr 1, 2013
    at the moment i'm looking for a band so i decided to post my soundcloud in my band ads in order to show potential band members what i can do and although my ads got loads of views not one of those people actually clicked on my soundcloud.

also i added my soundcloud on to a couple of threads that i posted on musicians forums (drummer, guitar and bass) in order to ask for constructive criticism on a song that i was working on from other musicians and although a got hundreds of people viewing my threads not one of them actually looked at my soundcloud.

2. CnB77

CnB77

Jan 7, 2011
    NJ
    Short answer is none of them were interested enough to click beyond your ad. Would you like to post your ad (remove any personal info if you want/need to) up here? Maybe you can reword your ad to get more interest.

3. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    Sorry, I'm too damn busy!

4. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Because they're agents of Satan.

Music will destroy them.

5. mesaleebob

mesaleebob

Dec 3, 2011
    After listening to your rant....

I really want to check out your soundcloud...

but you didn't link it

:p

6. BenBL

BenBL

Jun 25, 2012
    This

7. topo morto

topo morto

Mar 22, 2010
    Lloegyr
    C'mon guys, this is the oldest trick in the book.

"Hey fella, come over here a minute and check out my soundcloud".

And then SLURP, your organs have been harvested.

[​IMG]

8. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Because the audio hardware on my PC is dead. :(

9. 20YearNoob

20YearNoob

Mar 29, 2012
    Because soundcloud is annoying, and starts playing whenever I don't want it to.

10. Ras E Photon

Ras E Photon

Aug 5, 2013
    All other things being equal, I would not be excited to use Soundcloud further, for a couple reasons:

No repeat makes useless for playing along to - so that's one thing it's useless for.

No ability to arrange files as you like - really it's so unspeakably bad i'm surprised I wrote this much.

11. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I found I had the same problem, and the guy should definitely come on back here and link it for us.

12. I always wonder the same thing. I also wonder why everyone here doesn't have a sound cloud. And why don't people post more sound clips instead of talking about how stuff sounds?