1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why Red Sox, Why?!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phantopeth, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Why are you making me get up 2 hours earlier than I normally do so I can go into work at 6 AM to watch your opening game?

Furthermore, why do you feel it's necessary to force me to bring in a beer to watch the game with at my place of work before my shift?! Why?!?!

For those who don't know, the Sox are opening their season against the Athletics in friggin' JAPAN! grrrr...

*Nothing against Japan, I just with for this particular incident the country wasn't on the opposite side of our planet*

/rant

2. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Hoboken
    With Beckett looking doubful for the opener, does Matsuzaka get the start? That could turn the thing into a complete circus...

3. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I know, I think Daisuke will definately get the nod for the 2nd game, but the recent I've read is that with Beckett having his back spasms, and Schilling's obvious problems, Jon Lester might start the opener. Not bad for a kid his age.

Whether Matsuzaka starts or not, it will be a circus. Defending World Series Champions starting their season in Japan, the year after they acquired a star of Matsuzaka's stature? Japan is going to shut down for two days!

4. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    All Cleveland had to do is one lousy game!!!!!
    :crying:

5. vinny

vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    So lemme see if I got this right: You're a Red Sox fan in Brooklyn? You've got some rocks, Dude. :eek: I can't stand the Yanquis, but it's a lot easier from here.

6. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Hoboken
    And of course Okajima will make an eigth inning appearance or two...

7. RIjake

RIjake

Nov 10, 2007
    New England
    Wow, I was thinking the same thing. Congrats to ya, you got good taste in teams though.

8. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    I think the league ought to expand to Japan, China & South Korea at least. Every team could make an Asian tour every year.

9. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    Dice-K might not even go... Apparently a Mini-Matsuzaka is primed to pop out of his wife, Tomoyo Shibata. I really hope the kid's born before my beloved Red Sox leave for the Land of the Rising Sun.