1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wierd thoughts.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    heck yes.

hug.

2. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Why do 24 hour convienence stores have locks on the doors? That one always baffled me. As far as the universe goes, well don't you know that there is no past and no future? All is one, and existence in the temporal sense is illusory. Most of your questions therefore, are meaningless and impossible to answer. :smug:

Haha, only after I posted this did I see the Calvin and Hobbes link clay posted...you want weird thoughts go read some Calvin and Hobbes. :)

AuG

3. How come the plural form of moose is still moose and not meese?

4. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Welcome to the world. These questions have been asked by nearly everyone with 3 digits in their IQ. Keep thinking, there are more.

Philosophy is a great way to understand the world, or at least understand your part of it. But beware, as soon as it is used to justify some BS or meaness towards other humans, you have to stop and get back in the human race.

Holy Wars are nothing more that Philosophy gone bad. Two groups of people trying to kill each other because they think their imaginary friend is best. Is that any way to live (or die)?

And lastly, this life is very beautiful. There are things that we simply cannot understand. Accept that, and enjoy the beauty. If you believe in an afterlife, then its good to assume that we will have a greater (but probably not total) understanding of life when we get there. If you don't believe in an afterlife, be calm and enjoy what time you have here and now.

Love someone today.