Wierd thoughts.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Well talking at the good old lunch table at high school we've come up with some wierd stuff. I'll post a couple to give you an idea.

Try to think of a color that doesn't exsist.

How do you really know that the red I see is the same red as you see? If you see a color and you have always seen that as red how would be able to tell if its different than mine? what you see as red might be my yellow. Maybe what you see as red to me doesn't exsist. There is no way of knowing because I can't see what you see.

If there is a god who created him? and If the universe started by the big bang where did that small little piece of material come from? If it never was made would their be no time? just nothing would happen ever?

Where does the universe end? if it is expanding what is it expanding into?

Have you ever had thoughts like this? do you have any answers? do you have any other ones?

I promise you we're not on drugs. :D
  2. Stop thinking and get back to your school work.

Rock on
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    OK....heat rises, and cold sinks, right?

Today, I had a glass of iced tea. The warm tea was at the bottom, and the cold tea was at the top.

After you get that one......why do we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?

4. Well ice floats because it is less dense than water or iced tea in this case. Ice cubes made the top (closest to itself) cold first. That is if you used iced cubes. If not I'm lost. Also, with the driveways/parkways thing that baffles me too.

Post 550!
  5. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    "Racecar" spelled backwards is "racecar."
  6. haha thats on one of my friends shirts. isn't that called a palindrome when a word is the same backwords? I know a kid whos name is Neil Otto Lien. Think about it. Haha I looked on Wikipedia and "Yawn! Madonna fan? No damn way!" is a palindrome too.
  7. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Stoner :rollno: I know, I too am one.

Well the color you see as "red" is not the same "red" that I see, they might be close but not the same. We have sensors in our eyes and just like different monitors or TVs show different colors our eyes see different color.

I don’t remember exactly but I think red is short waves, green is medium waves and blue is long waves. Blue penetrates the most reason when we go into Deep Ocean the last color we see is blue as water.

I think this is right; at least that’s what I’ve been taught. If anyone knows that this is wrong let me know.

Rests of questions are fun, yes I thought of those especially in Philosophy classes, its fun (reason I looooved philosophy class and critical thinking (but you must get a good teacher otherwise its no fun).

I doubt we will ever know as in order to know the big bang is true for sure we had to be there and there is no one who has been there when it happened. :)

8. I swear to god I am not a stoner. Nor have I ever drank. Alot of my friends do though. It costs to much money for me. I'm on a cheap budget and I've got G.A.S. No money for this drug crap.
  9. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I've thought of all those things. I actually proved to myself that the clor theory is impossible but I forgot my proof.
  11. StarMountainKid

Nov 6, 2005
    By definition, the universe encompasses all of space and time as we know it, so it is beyond the realm of the Big Bang model to postulate what the universe is expanding into. The only "edge" to space-time occurs at the Big Bang, so it is not logically necessary (or sensible) to consider this question.
  12. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
  13. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I agree. Thinking at lunch in high school never did anyone any good. Try to free yourself from any attempted creativity. Personally I walk around the neighborhood with my friends.. all we have to think about is how to get back.
  14. Thursday

Nov 24, 2005
    Bronx, New York
    You really wanna get a kick out of thinking? Trying writing ALL of the ideas that came to mind at one time. Don't stop to get them in order just write them down.
  15. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    you're welcome
  16. how dare you go out of the box and think like this, stop it NOW and be mindless sheep and only believe what you're told for the corrupt government of the US of A to laugh at and watch for their own little pleasures!

k i'm done :D
  17. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
  18. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
  19. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Too much pot
  20. Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    Actually, there is a way of knowing. Being color blind can be this exact scenario. For example- a few years ago, there was a kid at my school who saw grass as the same color he saw an orange. This is all due to the arrangement of the cones and rods in your eye.

According to string theory, the big bang was actually two other universes colliding, and the resulting explosion formed our universe.

As for time- time is an invention of the human mind. We created time and all of it's various measurements, so essentially, time did not exist until the human mind devolped far enough to concieve it.

String theory can help with this one, too. According to String theory (or M-theory, a more advanced version of String theory), our universe is only one "membrane" in a much larger, seven-dimension universe.

If anyone is interested in String theory, read The Elegant Universe.

Other way around. Red is long wavelengths, blue is short.