1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Will TI Flats make me lose my growl?....

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Claymore, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Claymore

Claymore

Nov 10, 2019
    Rhode Island
    Normally, I would just experiment with different strings and if it doesn't work out, oh well. Just buy a different set. But at the price tag these are, I'd like to know a little bit in advance from those that play them. It's for a G&L SB-2 with those hot MFD pickups and I just want to know if it will completely de-fang that bass and take all of the aggressiveness away, cuz that's not what I'm looking for. I just want to tame the pickups a bit and I like the feel of flats. What doth the TB Mind hive say?

2. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    I had TI flats on all of my G&L basses [7 ASATs, 1 Wunkay] and I assure you, the lack of growl will not be an issue. If anything, it will growl more than anything you've experienced previously. Besides, if you don't like the TI's, you can sell them here and recoup some investment.

tindrum, ErikP.Bass and Claymore like this.
  3. Claymore

Claymore

Nov 10, 2019
    Rhode Island
    "The Bump is a form of popular dance introduced in the 1970s. Two partners, generally one male and one female, bump their hips against each other to the beat of the song." C2ACC3F5-7D8B-4939-8522-F645144647C6.png

ErikP.Bass likes this.
  4. Claymore

Claymore

Nov 10, 2019
    Rhode Island
    I just saw this. Thank you for the info. :D

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021