Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wireless Amp -> Cab Connection?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassline_Delux, Apr 18, 2005.

1. I was thinking how this could be done, and the only thing I could come up with is a preamp into the wireless transmitter and then either the reciever plugged into a powered cab, or into a poweramp and then cabs. For diffferent cab locations I guess you'd need more poweramps/signal splitters etc...

Any ideas/suggestions?

2. Yeah it would have to be done like that, but i think you would get waaay to many crossover and out of phase soundinng ness

I think i know what i mean . . .

3. I think NASA or some similar sort of organization was working on the wireless transmission of power... I don't think we'll ever get to use the technology tho so until then you're idea is probably the best. Why would you want your cabs so far away?

4. Active cabs and wireless kits would work, but would be a waste of batteries. I don't see why you couldn't hook up a couple of wireless packs to a 9V brick (assuming they're 9v packs) instead of batteries and plugging them into the back of your preamp - as long as the preamp's output gain is right down.

Put your two wireless receivers next to/on top of the cabs and connect up.

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Some organization has transfered power wirelessly, but its very expensive and it uses lasers, so its probabally dagerous. Other than that, I don't think its possible to transfer watts through a wireless transmitter.