Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wireless system with a pedalboard?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sincity, Sep 23, 2004.

1. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    I am interested in going to a wireless system (Shure ULXP14)

I think that is the Shure system I have seen and read about.

This may be a dumb question, but how do I run a wireless system into my pedalboard if my instrument cable is connected to the transmitter?

My board: SKB PS25

Pedals:

Boss TU-2
    DOD 250
    Boss CE-3
    Trace Elliot SMX Compressor
    Sansamp SBBDI

Amps:

Sunn 1200s or Trace Elliot V-6.

2. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

I do it by running the output from the wireless receiver into the input of the pedalboard and then the output of the pedalboard into my preamp. At one time I even put the receiver on the pedalboard (now it's in the rack).

3. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    OK, that makes sense now.

Thanks

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Samson makes a wireless system with a pedal shaped receiver.
    [​IMG]

There is a sticky at the top of the forum which purpose is to avoid wireless related threads in the effect forum.
    I myself think it's dumb but rules are rules.

5. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    I thought about the Samson, but the Frequency Response of the Airline does not go below 50Hz.

6. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Maybe not on paper....

7. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    Continue. :eyebrow:

8. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I've got an Airline unit that I used with a multitude of different tunings...including a few times on a 5 string with the low B dropped to A...never had a problem with it.

I'm not gigging anymore so it sits unused on my pedalboard..but I was very happy with it and it's range.

9. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    I use a Samson (not the airline) and it sounds great...leagues better than the Shure I had a year ago.

10. davepack

davepack Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I keep the receiver on my pedalboard. From the receiver, my signal goes through a chorus pedal, and Sansamp BDDI, then a cable runs it from the pedalboard to my amp. Works great for me, and saves me from having to run 2 cables from the pedalboard to my rig (one from a rack-mounted reciever, one back into the amp).

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    It's because wireless units should not affect your sound. They're basically cables, and cables aren't effects, right? :D

12. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I have my wireless in my rack. I run from the wireless out to the input of my mxr M-80 into my Boss ME50b and back out to the amp. I made a snake with the send, return, and 2 power wires to power the effects. It makes setup easy and fast.

13. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    I like this idea. The less wires I have to tape down and trip over the better. Plus, not having to have the transmitter on my belt is a big plus.

Thanks.

14. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    I thought since I coupled the wireless question with my "effects" pedalboard, it was a legitimate place to post the question.

Seems silly to me as well.

15. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    My wireless system made me happy, and hopefully my emotion is evident in my sound, so my wireless should make me sound more "happy"... :D