1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wish Double Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by bassmastan, Jan 3, 2012.

1. bassmastan

bassmastan Guest

Jun 25, 2011
    I want to know if anyone has seen or owns a wish bass upright? I'm thinking of getting one built for the top woods, and the custom f hole. Thanks.

2. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    Does he make uprights?

3. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    Yes he does. I priced one a few years ago but didn't buy.

4. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    That sounds cool, is it full kn upright or just a eub or travel bass? What was the price qoute?

5. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    Was a standard upright. He quoted me around a grand, but who knows what he would quote now.

6. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    Wow, a grand for a carved upright? I cant imahine what the quality would be like conaidering his reputation on simplistic guitars

7. The one Wishbass slab I played was sketchy in terms of construction methods so I would be pretty skeptical of any double bass made by him

8. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    With some work, the slabs are awesome (I owned one) but yeah, I'd be wary of an upright.

9. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    there is a pretty large thread oin tb about wb.. i would ask there about it

10. shadygrove

shadygrove

Feb 14, 2008
    Marysville, WA
    Ditto. My wish slab was extremely rough and needed a lot of nut and fingerboard work to be playable.

11. james condino

james condino Spruce dork Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
    I had a 3/4 upright pass through the shop a couple of months ago; it was more like a "bass shaped object" made by someone who did not play or understand one. Keep saving your rupees and get something that you can grow into, even if it takes a lot longer to get it. I couldn't really even get started on the one I saw, more less grow with it.

I do like that he is trying to think outside of the box and not afraid to try different things; I'd just like the execution to be stronger- I offer that with encouragement. I think it would be great for him and all of us if he started making a fantastic playing and sounding product that everyone wanted and kept him in solid business.

j.