Wood Aftermarket Bridge?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Nasty Nate, May 28, 2012.

1. Anybody know of a natural wood aftermarket bridge?

I know Ray Simonetti has been making and using them
    http://www.customshopbasses.com/gallery1.html

any other options? Its a purely aesthetic upgrade, I just think a nice light maple would make the fretlines pop on my lined fretless jazz (sunburst).

2. Soverntear

Soverntear

Mar 17, 2008
    Toronto
    Personally I would stick to steel. something tells me the longevity of wood as a bridge or nut would be limited. but this is purely speculation.

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with a good piece of hardwood. Hofner and similar basses have used them for decades.

4. bump.

I know they exist, i want to know where to get one.

thanks

5. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    hum I only saw Veillette and F bass AC6 model with wooden bridge ... otherwise accoustic bass and of course DB have wooden bridge.

But on a electric ... I think you need a very special shape to make it works.

6. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Lots of builders use them on their basses, but they are highly custom. I have never seen a replacement, anywhere...

7. Ray Simonetti

Ray Simonetti

Sep 18, 2006
    My new website is www.simonettibasses.com. I have had all positive feedback from people who decide to go that route. To install one as an aftermarket part would require considerable modifications to the existing bass. These work best with the construction methods I use to build my basses.

8. Ray Simonetti

Ray Simonetti

Sep 18, 2006
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021