1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wood&Tronics EJ bolt-on

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Paolo74, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Paolo74

Paolo74

Nov 5, 2006
    Hi guys, I've upload a couple of photo of the new EJ from W&Tbasses, you can look here: http://www.gospel.bo.it/thumbnails.php?album=413

Those are an amazing basses build by a cool staff, they are great in idea, choice of wood and have a big care for finish and particular. Here the site: http://www.wtbasses.net/, Enrico, the owner, promise me that he want to update in a few days... I hope that hold your interest like me.
    .... and I want one of this in next 3 month .... I believe in Santa Claus :smug:

Sorry for my ridiculous english :crying:

Have fun
    Paolo74

2. q998

q998

Apr 8, 2003
    Wales
    Hi Paolo
    Did Santa stop by your house?

My Wood & Tronics Ergon is great :)

3. Hopper

Hopper

Sep 24, 2008
    London
    They look good but seem incredibly over-priced for what they are.

4. q998

q998

Apr 8, 2003
    Wales
    Pop up to Bass Direct and have a close encounter?

5. Trust me they are not overpriced - I've tried one myself and was absolutely amazed at the quality and attention to detail. Absolutely top notch construction, great feel and really comfortable to play. I couldn't fault it anywhere. Up there with the best luithers you can think of. As far as I know they are Italian made which explains why they are not so well known in the states.

Tone is of course subjective but they tend to sound very organic and not sterile at all.

This is the very bass I tried: - Roberto's own bass actually, from the man himself when he was over in Malta.

6. mcgraham

mcgraham

Feb 21, 2004
    Coventry, UK
    I used to think the same as Hopper, but as I progressed as a bass player and a musician, I found there were certain things I couldn't achieve due to physical limitations of most stock instruments. That led me to try lots of different basses. Once I started trying more expensive basses (in particular, W&T basses) I started to appreciate the extra work that goes into them and the exceptional feel that these basses have over stock Fender's and the like. Don't get me wrong, I love a good Fender, but for me, the feel, playability, versatility and sound of W&T basses more than justifies the price tag to me.

Two average factory made US Fender basses? Or one exceptionally made W&T bass? Same overall cost, but I know which option I'd rather have.