Wooten Book

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by shon, Sep 24, 2003.

1. shon

Nov 27, 2002
    Healdsburg, CA!!
    hey! I bought the Victor Wooten transcription book a few weeks back from Amazon.com, and it still hasn't come in the mail. I was wondering if any of you have had that problem as well with this or otehr books bought at Amazon.

Is there anyway to send a 'hurry the crap up' note to them? Thanks for reading!
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    If it has shipped then it is not amazons fault, if it still hasn't shipped perhaps there was an inventory change around the time you ordered it and the webpage wasn't updated in time.

I have yet to have any serious issues with amazon, I recently ordered 5 CDs from them, that were split into two shipments but both ended up shipping together AND they shipped ahead of schedule and arrived ahead of schedule.

if it's shipped, you can probably get tracking information from amazon, they are generally pretty good with that.

I just went on amazon.com they said the availability for the book was 2 to 3 days, which means they have low or no stock, if they had to restock for your order then that would account for SOME of the delay, factor in the shipping, which unless you upgraded to 2-day or something is likely to take upto 5 days. if you ordered it on a weekend the order wouldn't be processed till a workday...etc.
  3. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
  4. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    i never had any problems, but i'm dealing with german amazon. i guess since american amazon is much bigger mistakes are made more often.
  5. shon

Nov 27, 2002
    Healdsburg, CA!!
    That's reassuring...Maybe I should buy it from Super Sheet Music or what ever.
  6. I ordered the same book from Amazon about a month ago and it still hasn't come in. They're now saying that it won't be shipped until October. Man, I don't know what the problem is. I'll wait till then, but if they delay one more time, I'm going to cancel it.
  7. i bought the wooten tab book today at the music store. I may be a beginner but I am gonna give it my best shot to learn this.
  8. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

I bought it from Amazon...and then waited. Two notices later of being pushed back and pushed back, I said "screw it!" and cancelled the order. I promptly ordered it from drawbridge music (www.drawbridgemusic.com) and had it 2 days later.

Amazon never once said that it was not in stock. What gives? I never had an issue with them before, and now this... I'll just buy my music from drawbridge and be done with it. (besides the fact that it helps the smaller guys...)
  9. chinjazz

chinjazz Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    I had the same problem with Amazon.. The web site kept on extending out when the shipping date was going to be. I cancelled the order, then called Anthony at the Bass Collective in NYC, ordered it and had the book in 4-5 dayz..

Good book!! And Good Luck!!!
  10. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    If the book is new in the market, Amazon might have jumped the gun by pre-selling it with the expectation it would be available at a certain date.

More than likely, something happenned to delay the production or at least the delivery of the book, drawing the ire of consumers.

Still, Amazon's got your money, so they can stall...
  11. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    My fiance ordered "Beyond The Bass Clef" for me last year for Chirstmas. Well Christmas came and went and it still hadnt arrived, so she printed out the page that had the book cover, and gave me that. She said it should be arriving anyday.3 weeks later she gets a message from Amazon that it is out of print! I never ended up getting the book! :(
    BTW, if anyone knows of how I can get a copy of the book, that would be fantastic.
  12. the book is great; big, happy, dumb face, look thing going on, ahhhhhhhhh... it will be worth the wait...
  13. stretch474

Jun 18, 2003
    I got the book myself and was actually quite disappointed in the version of amazing grace, the only bit that has actually been transcribed is the bit most people seem to have figured out for themselves (the harmonics). It's the thumpin bit Im interested in why did they see fit to miss this all improtant bit.

Aside from this little nigle, the rest of the book was gr8
  14. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I just purchased the Book monday, I noticed some
    of the songs are played on a bass tuned A-D-G-C
    How do I do this ? do I need to change strings ?
    I use DR High Beams 45-105.
  15. stretch474

Jun 18, 2003
    some are written for tenor bass. I retuned my regular bass but found that the string tension turned the bass into a cheese cutter. I go tround the problem by using a lighter string set and lowering the action a bit more. One of my friends moved all his strings down one (A string to e position, d string to a position, g string to d position and put the lower e string of an acoustic in the g position). It worked for himand the bass was still nice to play.
  16. stretch474

Jun 18, 2003
    My regular strings are now elite 30-90's and I have no problem with wierd tunings, but beware, to start with they can be a little painful as they are so much thinner, but no more painful than if you havnt played for a month
  17. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Thanx, I have tried light strings in the past,and
    I did not like them. I will stick with the songs
    in standard tuning. I noticed Stanley Clarke
    play's some of his songs in the "Tenor" tuning also.What is Picollo Bass? is that different than
    tenor or just another name ?
  18. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Thanx for the info, that is a great exuse to go
    buy more Basses one for Tenor and one for Picolo
  19. I got mine from amazon and it took like a month and a half. I think they are getting more demand for that then they expected.