Worth repairing?

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by kingbrutis, Jan 6, 2005.

1. kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    I know it is a very hard question to awnser without seeing, but I just want to know if I am wasting my time and money. I'm gona go look at it this weekend. What exactly should I look for? Thanks Heres the add.

i have an Engelhart EM-1 for sale for $350. there's a small seperation where the neck is glued to the body, but it's an easy and inexpensive fix, plus they'll usually set it up for you how you want it when they fix it. i'd have it done myself before i sold it, but i'm way too lazy, and the seperation doesn't affect the sound at all. this thing has years before it would need to be fixed, unless you totally beat the crap out of it.
  2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    The bass, undamaged, is worth maybe $800-1K or so depending on the setup, condition, etc.

Ask if you can have a luthier look at it and get a repair estimate. You can do the math from there. Just guessing, but if there is no wood cracked and assuming the neck block and such is solid, it may a pretty good buy.

If the top has to come off to get to the neck block, all bets are off. Shop elsewhere.