1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WR Goliath Tube Bass Emphasizer

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassdiddle, Feb 15, 2016.

1. bassdiddle

bassdiddle

Jan 19, 2016
    Franklin, TN
    Does anyone have experience playing through this preamp? It sounds fantastic:

I'd love to hear some feedback... It sounds so good I might start saving for one. Also might look into building one, the internals appear to just be a tube gain stage with a 3-band eq:

Pieces%20DI_1200.
    Love the turret board :cool:

Thoughts?

2. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    The second demo sounds really good. Punchy tone, well rounded.

3. Old post but I thought I should give some info: I just got my Goliath, and its great. My basic sound (Stingray, Markbass LM 3, 2xtraveller 102 cabs) was very good (my ears, band and several soundmen). The Goliath, togheter with a Tc spectracomp sounds amazing. Really enhances the sound without loosing the Musicman sound. Lots of control of tone and a wide sweep of volume/tube colouring. Deeper and more resonant tone. More like a big Ampeg, Even if I still can carry my whole setup. Also Roland W, who build them, is a great guy to do business with.