wrong robot=beast!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    oh my...

I was just listening to that track the other day,(the original, then my pithy attempt) I really need to re-record it, too many errors.

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Wrong Robot totally sucks at bass. But at least he's good at Scrabble.
  3. :D

mr roboto, why havent you linked us to this stuff before? seriously dude, youre creative as poop. and poop is super creative. yeah, i need sleep.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, I post a link to every new song I make in recordings, but if they fall to obscurity I don't mind, it's not like I'm changing the face of bass or anything, just scrabble.
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Every one of Kief's basslines is like sex for my ears.

... but I don't know where his basslines have been, so I always wear protection...

Very talented cat, I could easily see him in time being one of the next big name bass big shots... big big.

Keep up the good work you skinny skinny man you.
  6. unregistered

unregistered unregistered

Jun 18, 2004
    i once gave wr a ride in my car, and he oozed funk all over the passenger seat. scotchguard is no match for funk.

he says "wrong robot", but I say "RIGHT!"
  7. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Were exactly can we find these songs? I don't seem to find 'em on the site..
  8. Well, if he is, it's certainly not because of Gajdarsko Oro :D
    Don't get me wrong WR seems like a very talented, creative guy, and way better than me.
    But that was still sloppy :spit: :D
  9. wrong robot, im seriously considering getting a powerbook next semester, is garageband included and would that be basically all i need to do some simple recordings similar to yours?

EDIT: would an ibook with upgraded ram be sufficient?
  10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Weird having a thread made about you, isn't it Kief? :ninja:
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yes, it is very cool.
  12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yes, garageband is included, the only other tools I use are an oxygen8, a 1/4" -> 1/8" adaptor.

Yes, the current crop of iBooks are pretty powerful, and loaded up with RAM they should be able to run GB sufficiently there are a couple of factors to consider here. 1) new powerbooks are going to be announced in january, this will lower the price of current powerbooks(I'll even be selling mine if you're interested) 2) a new version of garageband is expected to be released in january as well, it will feature 2 track simultaneous recording as well as, hopefully, improved performance, particularly on older machines.

I haven't actually used the new iBooks for GB, but considering they are roughly the same speed as my powerbook, only with slightly slower RAM and system bus, they should still be able to hold up just fine, especially if you maxed out the RAM
  13. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Mr. Robot:

We tip our hats to you, sir.
  14. yep i like his stuff . My favourites are :

-Toe Wigglin ( the video )
    -the landing
  15. hmm, with that in mind i may wait and get one of the nicer/new powerbooks when next school year starts, and just focus current funds towards my bass gear (bongo, boss loop statioin, potentially a nice preamp and power amp)

are the new powerbooks going to be g5s?
  16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    They *might* be g5s, but no one knows for sure. Apple has a knack for surprise, and pulling rabbits out of the hat as it were.

So far there have been reports of 2 chips in prototype/testing phase

1 is a lower power g5 designed for mobile use it will probably be 1.6-1.8 ghz and feature all the whizbang features of the g5, drastically faster bus and RAM speeds, better support for next generation tech, ****loads of internal bandwidth..etc. This will probably be more expensive, but will be a huge leap forward in performance.

The other possible scenario is a new Dual-core g4 chip which might clock 1.6-2.0 ghz, and function similarly to a dual processor set up, only with both 'processors' built into one processor(essentially) this would also feature some new tech, but would mostly just be a speed bump. This will probably intro at the same prices as the current books, but will feature more per each price level, so it'll end up being a good value.
  17. That's definitely cool. Sounds like a Flecktones track, and you're everybody at the same time (minus the drummer guy I guess). I liked your Final Fantasy remixes and recordings, too.
  18. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    I want to listen to the classical thump track it wont let me!!

well its not loading.. :(
  19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It's in mpeg4 format, you need the latest version of Quicktime and/or iTunes and/or a codec for WMP. But since that's a hassle. I re-uploaded it in .mp3 for you.