Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WSP's Dave Schools' effects?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by deepestend, Oct 15, 2003.

1. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    Anyone know what effects he's using?

2. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    I don't think Dave uses effects...

Just his modulus Q6. I'm going to see them in Lexington sunday night, so if he uses any, I'll correct myself.

3. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    Check it out... I'm pretty sure he does. At least in those drumsz that he does with Nance.

4. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    he might use chorus, maybe flange, but i think thats it...

5. Here you go Goodpeople..
    Dave uses a few pedals actually..he uses a MOOG MF-101 lo-pass filter (envelope), a Boss DM-3 analo delay, boomerang phrase sampler, Electroharmonix bass micro-synth plus some rack unit compression/limiter, and some type of tube bass pre-amp. I got to check out his rig one time in Memphis bc I work at the FedEx Forum and Mud Island doing rig work for all the shows that come through and they scheduled me to work the Panic show when I actually would have rather been hanging in the lot with my people but for once I actually wanted to see what went on behind the stage with them considering I've dedicated many years of my life to the boys but that's the only reason I know this and I idolize Mr. Schools for being the pioneer of the lead bass player. Schools for President!