Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WT-800 mods/upgrades??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by caesarbass, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Hey guys, sorry if this has been beaten to death, but I did do a search and couldn't find anything on this exact topic.
    I have a WT-800, I think it was made in 1998 or 1999, I bought it new. The fan is LOUD, and as everyone knows, it can't be bridged into anything lower that 8 ohms. Are there any mods or upgrades offered that can quiet the fan down or squeeze a little more juice out of this amp? Other than that, this amp has been a true workhorse since the day I bought it. If it ain't broke... I'm currently playing it bridged through an 8 ohm Avatar 212, so it does get a bit warm. Cabs of the past include, Epifani T410, Goliath II 410, Goliath JR. 210, Eden XL and XLT 210's.
    Thanks. :cool:

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The new WT-800s now can be bridged into 4 ohms. As far as I know, Eden is considering whether older models can be upgraded to do this. I don't know if there's a fan upgrade, but you could ask your questions over on the Eden forum. Lane Baldwin will find out from the man, David Eden himself, and report back.

Eden Forum

3. Thanks Munjibunga!!! I will hit up the Eden forum ASAP. I really am happy with the tonal quality of the amp.

4. I just posted my question on the Eden forum, and am eagerly awaiting an answer...... :eyebrow:
    As soon as I get an answer I'll post it on TB. It seems that this is a very hot topic regarding older wt-800's.

5. Lane over at the Eden forum posted this:
    "At present, there is no upgrade to bring your WT800 up to 2005 specs. However, David (Nordschow) says you can run the WT800 as low as 6-ohms in bridge mode without harm. As for the fan, I think there is a low noise upgrade you can do there. I'll check with David and get back to you...
    Keep Thumpin',
    Lane
    Edenite and Forum Moderator"
    This was a reply regarding my original question that I posted yesterday on the Eden forum, last night at about 1:00 am. Man, that was quick!!! :D