1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Xmas Gift, What Dean is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SacRush, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Howdy all - newbie (to forums and Bass) here. My wonderful wife bought me a bass for xmas after I expressed some interest. It is used and in pretty good shape, although I can't figure out what model it may be. The only info on the back of the head stock is what I assume is the serial number: A09100694. It kinda looks like an Edge 4, but with passive pickups. Thanks for any help and input.

Attached Files:

2. Chuck King

Chuck King Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Chicago
    I think that's a Zone II bass. Whatever it is, in my experience, I'd expect it to be a great bang-for-the-buck bass. I had a Zone Custom for a while and it was a really nice player.

SacRush likes this.
  3. Thanks to you, I managed to find some very basic info on this baby - can't find it anywhere else, though. I appreciate it!

4. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Supporting Member

Yes it is a Dean Zone II, which were sold exclusively through Guitar Center. They are not listed in any Dean catalog.

Also, the horns and body on a Zone, Zone II and Custom Zone are all the same.

The bodies and horns are not the same as any of the Edge series basses.

On Dean Club!!!. There are a few posts that include specs for this bass.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  5. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Looks like the Howard Dean sig, also known as the “Howie D” in certain circles still roaming the mean streets and tough alleys of Burlington, Vt.

7BEE3D87-556A-4D2B-AE61-E9D0C9CB3C3B.