1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

XO Bass Micro Synth

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toasted, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Coming in April. :help:

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Lies!!!!!

....can I has cheezburger too?

3. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Will it retain full functionality or will some controls be limited?

This could very interesting.

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I've not heard anything else other than it'll be released in April, and in some reports the Summer.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It'll have to be much more limited- the XO line has 3 knobs each, unless they change their format for this one. Very curious about it, as I love the BMS but won't get one because of the size. Between this, the Chunk synth, and the Barge Grinder, there's going to be a lot of interesting pedals do out in the next month or two.

Summer NAMM would be a better place to drop it- last summer's NAMM is where the XO Micro POG came out, IIRC.

6. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    WHAT?!? :eek:

Toasted, you lie! You lie like a rug! :spit:

[Tears of joy] :)

7. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Some of the XO line has 6 knobs, like the Q-Tron+, Memory Man, Polyphase, etc.

8. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ah, forgot about the medium-sized XOs (I have a Q-tron+ XO myself :rolleyes:)

That would make more sense than the smaller three-knob XOs- the POG is mostly an octaver so going to three knobs wasn't a huge difference, but the BMS has a lot of stuff going on that would benefit from a setup like the Q-tron+ or Memory Man.

9. Surely It will have sliders still! I dig sliders!

10. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire

The XO Qtron + is functionally the same as the big one so maybe they can pull this off. Sliders are better given the BMS's complexity though.

11. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'll stand alone- I hate sliders :bag:

12. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    Thank you for the heads up Toasted............if and when you get any more details, please oh please let us know........ :)

13. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!!!!

I was not expecting that!

An Electro Harmonix market researcher has obviously been reading talkbass :D.

14. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    +1

15. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Damn. Must sell mine before April!

I love my BMS but the bypass absolutely sucks - makes any bass sound like you got it out of a christmas cracker. The XO version should be total win.

16. I just want to know if it will come with an expression pedal input!!

17. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    OMG!!!!

I can't afford it.

18. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That would be great.

19. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Exp pedal input for start, stop and rate :hyper:

if only...

20. How many of us would have to email EHX for them to actually consider it?? Exp pedal inputs for multiple parameters would be heaven!!

Considering it's XO it'll be true bypass for sure so that issue should be sorted. I imagine it'll still be 24v power though.