1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

YACD: Genz MG212T vs Berg NXT212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RickMiester, Aug 22, 2020.

1. RickMiester

RickMiester

May 10, 2020
    The is yet another cab discussion (YACD). I am looking to add a 212 cab to my rig (4003 -> Sansamp VT RM -> XLS 1502 -> ???). Weight, sound projection and full range response without too much color are the key value propositions I am looking for. I also need something that can easily handle 600 to 700w at 4 ohms too. I’m seriously considering the Genz MG212T or Berg NXT212. Unfortunately there is no place local where I can test each one out

I’ve combed TB for owner comments on these two highly rated cabs and they seem to be very close to each other and meet my cab requirement objectives. So I was wondering if anyone had direct experience with each that could share some of their insight. Thanks in advance.

2. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    Equally great cabinets, no doubt. I went with the Genzler and am 100% happy. Loud, full and punchy, which is what I like. Good weight, great handles, nice design. My amp's a Streamliner 600.

So yeah, pick the one whose design you prefer and don't look back. I haven't tried the Berg, but I'm certain it kicks arse.

RickMiester likes this.
  3. RickMiester

RickMiester

May 10, 2020
    Update: I went with the Berg NXT212. It was hard to decide as both cabs are great. What tipped the scale was the custom neo drivers from Celestion.

It arrived late last week. I set it up on the back deck so I could really hear how it sounds opened up. All I can say is WOW. Man is this cab loud and a tone monster. It only took a little while to dial in the tone I was looking for. It sounds sweet when clean and low and equally as good dirty and punchy. Very warm and thick sounding, very close to the ceramics I have used in the past, but very articulate mids with a tight bottom end. I’m sold.

The wife told me the dogs across the street were “singing” along. No regrets.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021