Yamaha Attitude basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rowka, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Rowka

Rowka Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Besides the available color options, what is the difference between the Limited, Limited II and the X Tenth Anniversary models?
  2. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I have one of the original Limited in Thunder Blue. The only
    difference's I know of is, on the II it does not have the
    seperate toggle switch for the filter on the neck pick up.
    I think it is a push pot. Also the II was offered in different colors and has a perloid pickgaurd.The Aniv model is the same as the II exept for the colors and 10th aniv logo as well as a
    special neck plate.
  3. Rowka

Rowka Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    So, not really all that different at all. Thanks.

I sure wish they showed up on the used market a little more frequently. But I guess that says something, doesn't it?
  4. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I think BassCentral has a used Limited I in stock. They want $2K for it but I guess that's because they were only 200 ever made. You can get a Limited II new for $1300.
  5. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I would never sell mine. there are a few other TB's that have them also.There is one TB that has several.There great Basses.I was just playing mine this past weekend.I have seen
    some for sale at New Jersey guitar&Bass. They run a ad in
    Vintige Guitar Magazine.And in the Ad section of some of the Bass Magazines.
  6. Bass Kahuna

Bass Kahuna

Dec 3, 2002
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Luthier, Custom Builder
    Bass Northwest currently has 3 of them in stock, and they're priced from $1199 - $1299 (two red and one blue one).

p.s. I just bought a used Attitude standard 5 that has been home-hack-modified to try and be a "Sheehan model" with the addition of a 5 string "MM" style pickup up under the neck, and a ho-made pickguard for REALLY cheap. I'm looking to fix it and and add it to my harem as a nice 5 string alternative to my odl `71 p-bass.
  7. hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    Saw one (Limited II) used, the same Thunder Blue, nice shape at Sam Ash in New Haven, CT about a month ago, approx $850.00.. Was very tempted, just had insufficient funds at the time. Seemed great, good set-up, felt nice!

8. Opas

Aug 1, 2004
    Harrisburg, PA
    i personally think the Attitude I's were built a little more solid in the neck than the Attitude II. I have both and prefer the I.
  9. Bass Kahuna

Bass Kahuna

Dec 3, 2002
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Luthier, Custom Builder
    Hey again,

For the Attitude Standard 5 I recently purchased mentioned above.... (I'm a sucker for a bass that has been hacked on by an amatuer resulting in nobody wanting it and therefore it is put up for sale for a crazy low price)

I'm going to restore and customize, and I need a favor. The original pick guard is long gone on this "patient"... so does anyone have a Yamaha Attitude bass that would be willing to take off the pick guard and trace it onto a piece of paper with the screw holes in place as well and send it to me so I can make a new pick guard for it?

10. Rowka

Rowka Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Opas, can you go into more detail about this?
  11. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Sorry if I'm going into a tangent/semi-hijack, but I wanted to ask this here since it's a recent Attitude thread on the front of the forums.

How would one describe the neck profile of the Attitude LTDII? Is it a more rounded "C" shape, or does it have more of a flatter profile. I ask because the Attitude seems like a bass that would be up my alley, but I'm not fond of C-shaped overly rounded necks (I prefer the thin, flat profile) so I'm curious.

12. Opas

Aug 1, 2004
    Harrisburg, PA
    Sure. The original Limited I's used a piece of aluminum in the neck joint to stabilize the neck. It was replaced in the Limited II with just wood. Also, I have to adjust the truss rod on my II every few months whereas my I never needs adjusted. Also, I think the neck on the I is a little wider.

Also for Dincrest, the neck is not thin and flat, its beefy with an average radius...not sure what the radius is though. Hope this helps.
  13. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Thanks, that does help.
  14. Hey guys,

Maybe it's a sign that this topic came up recently, because I am pondering the idea of selling my Ltd. 2 and my Att. Plus with a "Sheehan Mod". (Will Power Pups, D-Tuner). Both are in imaculate condition.

Now I haven't decided yet, (So don't get too anxious) but I thought I might give you guys/girls here a little heads up, as this forum is the best place of ALL of us under-appreciated bottom dwellers.

When I make a decision, probably within a week or so, I'll post a message.
  15. Rowka

Rowka Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Not to get my hopes up too high, but what kind of dollar figure are you thinking? Ballpark it.
  16. Both of them are in mint condtition, I've owned them for a year, with minimal playing.

The Att. 2 goes for $1299 - I'll probably ask for $1000 w/ Hard case, and maybe $200 for the Att. Plus. (Possibly with Gig bag)

These are ball parks for now.

Side note: If I decide to sell these, am would also be selling my entire rig, so when I make the decision I possibly will have a pile of stuff for you all to buy. :)

17. Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    I actually think that it's a shame that Yamaha stopped making the Attitude Special which was a great bass with the Sheehan pickup combo for a low price. The differed from a Limited by not having stereo outputs, no Hipshot D tuner and having a normal Volume-Volume-Tone circuit.

Still, great bass.
  18. vengachavales

Mar 16, 2010
    Yamaha Attitude LTD and LTD 2

The first production of these basses it was really limited, because they only made 200 Thunder Blue and 200 Lightning Red, these "limited" had some features and materials that elevates the producction cost like the joint inthe body/neck wich is through a piece of metal used on aircrafts, providing better sustain and is really helpfull when you bend the neck, seems to work like a suspensor preventing the neck to strain and the finish (hi gloss dont know how to name it) is transparent but coloured somehow in rose blue, conmemorating the first bass sheehan endorsed for yamaha the bb rose blue.

In comparison, the sound of the LTD is clearer and deeper, the LTD2 is warmer and more mids.
    Both basses have willpower neck and middle, against of what i originally thought model one and p on the LTD
    however i made combinations and i found that model one and willpower middle is a great combination, and this is how the new ltd is set
    both basses playability are incredible, both are fast and are very natural when it comes to tapping technique, in other basses the sound almost dissapear when you tapping.
    both are built like a tank, made to last...
    the neck of the LTD2 is even fatter than the LTD
    the neck of the LTD is slightly rounded than the LTD2
    i use the action as low as i can go avoiding the buzz of the strings wich is about 1 and 1/2 millimeters this is good for tapping
    this basses are not exactly great for slapping but i get a very good slap from them nevertheless
  19. Yeah, I love these things...they sound great through just about any amp, too.
  20. Decedo

Nov 23, 2008
    Actually just found this thread. I bought one of these BASS NW attitudes, a lightning red with the case. It's an awesome bass.

Funny story: I brought the bass to Sweden and I notices the nut was loose when I was changing strings. I brought it into a music store in Gothenburg to see if I get it re-seated (or if it needed it). The 'guitar-tech' dude in his mid 30's at the store looked at the scallops and asked me 'are these to make the bass play like a sitar?'. I tried to keep a straight face as I took the bass out of his hands and put it back in the case.