Yamaha BB424X bass output jack: replacement ideas?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Cnivek61, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Cnivek61

Cnivek61

Jul 17, 2017
    Greetings!

I have a BB424X project bass that I'm rescuing from a heavy-handed re-wire job.

I was going to replace the output jack with a Switchcraft...until I pulled it out to look at it. Short of ordering a replacement from Yamaha or re-working the hole in the bass, has anyone dealt with this situation? Fortunately, the jack seems to work as intended. (Photo of jack in place to follow).

BB424X output jack 1.jpg
    Thanks!

Mili likes this.
  2. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    That's a 'barrel style' jack and Switchcraft makes those too. If you have one of those, there probably isn't room for a standard "open frame" style output jack.

3. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Is there anything wrong with the jack in the pic? If you need to have a Switchcraft, just get a Switchcraft barrel jack from your favorite retailer.

4. Cnivek61

Cnivek61

Jul 17, 2017
    It seems to work fine . Should leave well enough alone.

5. Cnivek61

Cnivek61

Jul 17, 2017
    Thanks, I was not familiar with the barrel type. You are correct, the standard open frame will not fit.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021