yamaha trb sII

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by milo, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    That's a nice looking bass.
  2. Looks like Nathan East's 6.
  3. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    What's weird is that it ain't Nathan's signature on the headstock. I've seen Nathan around with a six just like that, minus the snowflake inlays and the sparkly snow finish.

I'd guess this bass is a custom build for an artist I haven't heard of, or at least can't ID by his/her signature. Maybe it's the Yamaha Santa Claus Signature bass. :bassist:
  4. I don't mean that it's the Nathan East signature model - his signature model only comes in a five-string version. But he has been known to play a six-string TRB.
  5. stubbs

Jun 30, 2004
    Is this a Japan only bass? I've looked everywhere for an SII, never heard of it before. nice looking bass though :D
  6. pedroferreira

Feb 10, 2003
    Nathan East has a six string version of his signature bass. It looks like this one, but with a different bridge and the block inlays in the freatboard. There's a pic of it on July's 2004 Bass Player.

Edit: and this headstock is from the TRB. The Nathan's Bass has a BB headstock
  7. Maybe he gots a new bass... the one I remember is this one:

Looks like a TRB to me! :)
    (I have a TRB-6... that's why I remembered)
  8. pedroferreira

Feb 10, 2003
    Scan of a page of Bass Player (sorry for the bad quality)
  9. That looks like the TRB headstock and the pups make it look like its the TRB-JP2. You can see them all here:

I'm personally in love with the TRB5pIIc - thru-neck and saddles, custom piezo - hmmmm.
  10. Thanks for the picture, I spent a good half hour scouring the net for any pictures of a six-string BB East. I was not aware that he had had one made for him. Makes sense though! So I guess we were both right. :)
  11. warnan

Mar 1, 2004
    not nathan signature bass but a japanese famous bassist sakurai's.
    sakurai with chambers
  12. The TRB is by far my favorite Yamaha series. The high end ones play and sound like a million bucks. Very cool color combo!
  13. That's right, warnan. That bass is Tetsuo Sakurai's signature bass. He's probably Japan's greatest bass player. He's been playing since the 70's, I believe, in many Jazz/Fusion bands. To name a couple are Casiopea and Jimsaku, not to mention a few solo albums with guests like Dennis Chambers.

Sadly, Yamaha discontinued that bass recently....before I could buy one. :bawl:
  14. warnan

Mar 1, 2004
    hello,masaki_v. In China we can't find sakurai's albums. i know he is one of the greatest bass player in japan even in asia and the world.
    as far as i know his sig bass only sold in japaness domestic market just like tune. tetsuo's teacher yoshihiro use tune am i right? a lot of good basses only sold in ur domestic market i don't know why. such as bacchus,moon,atelierz,crews. all good basses.

trb sii sounds amazing ,i like its tone.compare with tune i like yamaha trb a little bit more . single pu, bone nut ,sweet.

if u guys wanna hear how trb sii sounds u chould download 'casiopea mint session' via e-donkey or e-mule. check it out.