Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

yamaha trb sII

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by milo, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    That's a nice looking bass.

2. Looks like Nathan East's 6.

3. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    What's weird is that it ain't Nathan's signature on the headstock. I've seen Nathan around with a six just like that, minus the snowflake inlays and the sparkly snow finish.

I'd guess this bass is a custom build for an artist I haven't heard of, or at least can't ID by his/her signature. Maybe it's the Yamaha Santa Claus Signature bass. :bassist:

4. I don't mean that it's the Nathan East signature model - his signature model only comes in a five-string version. But he has been known to play a six-string TRB.

5. stubbs

stubbs

Jun 30, 2004
    Is this a Japan only bass? I've looked everywhere for an SII, never heard of it before. nice looking bass though :D

6. pedroferreira

pedroferreira

Feb 10, 2003
    Portugal
    Nathan East has a six string version of his signature bass. It looks like this one, but with a different bridge and the block inlays in the freatboard. There's a pic of it on July's 2004 Bass Player.

Pedro

Edit: and this headstock is from the TRB. The Nathan's Bass has a BB headstock

7. Maybe he gots a new bass... the one I remember is this one:

[​IMG]

Looks like a TRB to me! :)
    (I have a TRB-6... that's why I remembered)

8. pedroferreira

pedroferreira

Feb 10, 2003
    Portugal
    Scan of a page of Bass Player (sorry for the bad quality)

9. That looks like the TRB headstock and the pups make it look like its the TRB-JP2. You can see them all here:

http://www.yamaha.ca/content/guitar/products/electricbasses/index.jsp

I'm personally in love with the TRB5pIIc - thru-neck and saddles, custom piezo - hmmmm.

10. Thanks for the picture, I spent a good half hour scouring the net for any pictures of a six-string BB East. I was not aware that he had had one made for him. Makes sense though! So I guess we were both right. :)

11. warnan

warnan

Mar 1, 2004
    Shanghai,China
    [​IMG]
    not nathan signature bass but a japanese famous bassist sakurai's.
    sakurai with chambers
    [​IMG]

12. The TRB is by far my favorite Yamaha series. The high end ones play and sound like a million bucks. Very cool color combo!

13. That's right, warnan. That bass is Tetsuo Sakurai's signature bass. He's probably Japan's greatest bass player. He's been playing since the 70's, I believe, in many Jazz/Fusion bands. To name a couple are Casiopea and Jimsaku, not to mention a few solo albums with guests like Dennis Chambers.

Sadly, Yamaha discontinued that bass recently....before I could buy one. :bawl:

14. warnan

warnan

Mar 1, 2004
    Shanghai,China
    hello,masaki_v. In China we can't find sakurai's albums. i know he is one of the greatest bass player in japan even in asia and the world.
    as far as i know his sig bass only sold in japaness domestic market just like tune. tetsuo's teacher yoshihiro use tune am i right? a lot of good basses only sold in ur domestic market i don't know why. such as bacchus,moon,atelierz,crews. all good basses.

trb sii sounds amazing ,i like its tone.compare with tune i like yamaha trb a little bit more . single pu, bone nut ,sweet.

if u guys wanna hear how trb sii sounds u chould download 'casiopea mint session' via e-donkey or e-mule. check it out.