Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

yay, a recording by me

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by geshel, Oct 28, 2003.

1. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Sounds Cool!!!

I'm working on a better DAW myself. I can program my drums in Sonar... but my machine is sooo old, I need to export to WAV and import into Cakewalk Pro Audio 9

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Thanks. I debated getting a purpose-built DAW but just went with a nice home PC instead. Thing is it's got a zillion fans and they're noisy. I've been meaning to disable some (it's plenty cool enough) but haven't gotten around to it.

So far I'm digging Sonar 3.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I 'half' pieced an old machine together with the purpose of recording. It's (for now) a 300Mhz w/128mb, dual hard drives, old soundblaster 16, etc etc etc. I'm working on getting new machine and letting my 900Mhz become the new DAW. Sonar XL is running fine. I just can't keep more then 3 tracks synced for more then 2 minutes :(

Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 runs like a champ though!

Sonar 3 looks sweet! I'll have to upgrade after the machine is. I'm looking at that sound card you bought too... nice choice!

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    What's better than one drum loop?

Why, three drum loops, of course!!

And two tracks of Hanewinckel. .

6. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
  7. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Nice fat tone geshel! I like it.

8. LOL my dad really liked it. I listened to the first one and i was like "weee, good sound" and my dads like "PLAY THAT AGAIN" im like "...ok" hes like "i dont wana sound dumb...but that was nice and jazzy" and im like " sureeee dad.... :hyper: good clip :hyper:

- w00t

9. That was pretty good stuff. A bit repetitive, but I enjoyed it none the less.

10. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
  11. That's awesome.

My head can't stop bobbing.

:D Well played, old chap.

12. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Thanks! It needs some more work - well, they all do. :)

13. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    "braintest" - Updated w/ an ending.

14. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Here's the latest, and definitely my favorite so far:

http://home.comcast.net/~taylorsherman/loki.mp3

Nothing very exciting in the bass playing, though I tuned BDGDGC and used a pick. I like the resulting sound, different than I'm used to from the Hanewinckel.

This one has looped drums, chords on the bass using the piezo, picked bassline, sustain and harmonized guitar leads.

15. Me Likes!!!

[​IMG]
    Treena

16. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Thanks! Any thoughts on the mix?