1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yet Another 'Help Me Identify This Sound' Thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SnakeAnthony, Dec 23, 2006.

1. So with my band delving more into the soundscape ideals, I need to start keeping up in effects, and this sound caught my attention:

I'm not sure what it is, but I love how it makes his bass sounds like the lower register of an electric piano. I think I could put that to a fair amount of use, so if anyone out there could lead me in the right direction of what I should look at purchasing, I'd be very much greatful.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I would bet you almost anything that it was just a studio guy doubling the bass line on a keyboard. If you listen to the production, there's a ton of studio sound fx in there. I would even bet the drums are electronic, or at least "augmented". So, if I'm right about the electric piano sound, you'd need a MIDI bass.

3. Damnit:ninja:

Anyone know of anything that would give me something close without going to the extent of MIDI? That, along with studio production is a bit out of my reach for now, but thats a sound I really want:D

4. It's a bass Key-tar