Yo, Fellow Bassists, Newbie here.

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Estilo, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Estilo

Dec 18, 2005
    Hello, First I'd like to say that I am happy to be in a community with my fellow bass players, and I look forward to chatting with you all concerning anything about the Bass Guitar.

A brief overview of me, Um... I've been playing for 5 years, I practice about 3 to 4 hours anytime I can. I love playing Jazz, Rock, Swing, Blues and Funk. With that, I became a versatile bass player. Started when I was 11, I'm now 16 and still continuing. I play finger with my fingers, so I have plenty of calluses. :ninja:

I've had the same gear sadly for 5 years, an Ibanez GSR200, and my amp broke a couple of weeks back. :crying:

My influences include Geddy Lee, Les Claypool, Steve Harris, Victor Wooten, Chris Squire, Jaco Pastorius, John Paul Jones, and John Entwistle.

I am currently saving up for some new gear, so I can jam out with my friends, and hopefully get picked up by a band.

Anything else I'd like to learn... Definatley learn how to play Fretless Bass, mainly cause of Jaco Pastorius.

I don't have much else to say... except Hello Again, and my Jazz teacher led me to this website. :)

Well, that's me in a nutshell.