Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yo, Fellow Bassists, Newbie here.

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Estilo, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Estilo

Estilo

Dec 18, 2005
    Hello, First I'd like to say that I am happy to be in a community with my fellow bass players, and I look forward to chatting with you all concerning anything about the Bass Guitar.

A brief overview of me, Um... I've been playing for 5 years, I practice about 3 to 4 hours anytime I can. I love playing Jazz, Rock, Swing, Blues and Funk. With that, I became a versatile bass player. Started when I was 11, I'm now 16 and still continuing. I play finger with my fingers, so I have plenty of calluses. :ninja:

I've had the same gear sadly for 5 years, an Ibanez GSR200, and my amp broke a couple of weeks back. :crying:

My influences include Geddy Lee, Les Claypool, Steve Harris, Victor Wooten, Chris Squire, Jaco Pastorius, John Paul Jones, and John Entwistle.

I am currently saving up for some new gear, so I can jam out with my friends, and hopefully get picked up by a band.

Anything else I'd like to learn... Definatley learn how to play Fretless Bass, mainly cause of Jaco Pastorius.

I don't have much else to say... except Hello Again, and my Jazz teacher led me to this website. :)

Well, that's me in a nutshell.