Yorkville XM50 vs Fender M-80

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ProdigyJ, Jul 8, 2008.

1. ProdigyJ

ProdigyJ

Jun 23, 2008
    I hate versus threads and am sorry for posting one but the thing is I am a beginner who has become faced with quite the predicament. I have been offered both these amps (found them on Craigslist) and now must make a choice between them.
    So, the first amp is a Fender M-80. The price on it after some haggling is $180. As it is a much older amp and therefore most likely less known, here is a link to reviews:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Fender/M-80+160+115+Combo/10/1

The second amp is the Yorkville XM50. A newer amp but with less wattage the price on it, with some haggling, is $200. Personally, I am leaning more towards the Fender but am only prevented from diving in and buying it by its enormous weight, lack of portability and age. This is all said, the guy has put castor wheels on it.

I basically just want to hear my fellow TB members' opinions. Thanks!

2. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    If I were you, I'd be looking at the new line of Acoustic combo amps.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021