1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

You gamers got nothing on this guy.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by syciprider, Mar 16, 2008.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Check this loser out ranting about....

A Video game! :eek:

http://towardsmecca.com/2008/02/08/call-of-duty-4-a-muslim-point-of-view/

I blew away countless Americans in GTA. Maybe I should get upset too!

Ang dang, Ubisoft had me killing Asians in one of the Splinter Cell sequels.

2. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    i guess he never played battlefield 1942 or Battlefield Vietnam

3. Two things that gamer and this picture have in common, anyone take a guess what they are?

full-of-hot-air.

4. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    Well, obviously they both have a little man in a basket blowing smoke up their butt, ...but I can't figure out what else they have in common.:confused:

5. He's only dogging on the single player mode because he doesn't agree with how it's represented. He actually plays the multiplayer modes of the games he mentions.

Actually this guy is much more articulate and understandable than most gamers. He has a rant, but he presents it in an intelligent manner without resorting to useless slang or cursing. It's a more interesting read than most gaming blogs or forums.

6. Both full of hot air is one.

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'd be more sympathetic to his point of view if he didn't equate supporting the troops with supporting the war. that's a juvenile thing to do - the troops deserve our support even if we don't agree with how they are being used.

then again, if he put even a passing effort into understanding the story of the single player COD4 he'd realize that it was about a russian ultra-nationalist who gave a nuke to an arab revolutionary (the bad guys are more akin to the chechens and al-qaida than what's going on in iraq - more like if saddam had been killed by al-qaida and they took over before the u.s. invaded).

so, in that light, i must nominate this individual's "rant" as F.O.T.D. (tm) (that'd be FAIL of the day).

8. It just really seems to me that he is trying to pull sympathy from a hot button topic right now.

9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    It's offensive but he's played it for at least 50 hours.:rollno:

10. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    [​IMG]

11. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    He's a gamer

12. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Oct 30, 2006
    Ventura County
    What he is saying is he'd rather be killing White Christians in America than Arab Muslims in the Middle East.... is that too much too ask?:bawl: I ask you who is the bigot here, not I :crying:....... Not I .....

13. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Oct 30, 2006
    Ventura County
    Actually the picture isn't full of hot air. The Balloon is. *adjusts his glasses*

---------------
    I wonder if the kid complained about how Blacks were portrayed in San Andreas, probably not.

14. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    I can see his point, but to me where it fails is the fact that he plays the multiplayer, which have Arab and US/British forces as enemies depending on the mode. Also, if a game trully offended me in the way this one does him, I would refuse to play the multiplayer for that fact as well because if you still play the multiplayer youre still supporting the game that offends you.

15. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Oct 30, 2006
    Ventura County
    I think the gaming industry is ****ed up for forcing him to buy a game he knew nothing about and also could learn nothing about, not even on wikipedia.

16. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    Im happy as long as Im killing anything. :)

17. This is almost as dumb as that one group that claimed the Resident Evil series was racist because the yet to be released Resident Evil 5 will feature mostly black zombies. Well, the game takes place in Africa, what do they expect? Parts 1-3 had only white zombies, was that racist? Part 4 had Spanish zombies, is that racist too?

18. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    What about the Doom demons? Who's speaking for them? :crying:

What about the Flying Hammer brothers? You're all racists! :bawl:

19. +1

IIRC, the first few missions in COD4 are not even from the perspective of the Marines. Also, the game in no way makes the conflict seem like "the good fight." The Marines get blown away by a nuclear explosion and every British character with the exception of the protagonist is murdered.

The writer seems like the type that looks for things to upset him.

Slight derail,

JT you play through that monster PC you built, right? Just wondering if you played Crysis. I'd like to know the FPS you're getting with DX10 and all the goodies on high.

20. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I have Muslim friends and I loved shooting muslims in COD4. I also love it in Army of Two where the Iraqis are even more poorly armed and even run at you attempting to blow you (and themselves) up. Army of Two also explicitly states that you're in Iraq at the time of the war. It's almost cartoonish, but I love the carnage.

Of course, this does not make me anti-muslim or whatever. I just like videogames, and if you mess with the good guys, prepare to have it handed to you. Anyone who messes with an American, British or Canadian Solider in the middle east is messing with the good guys, who are just trying to bring a little peace to that part of the world.