1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Your Content"....how to delete

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by edencab, Jun 2, 2014.

1. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    hi .where/how do I remove some of these older threads.?

thanks\\

rrrrrrRandy

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Thread deletion isn't something a regular member can do. Because by deleting a thread, you're deleting a lot of other people's posts too. If there's a thread that needs to be deleted (for a good reason), please contact a moderator.

3. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    ahh of course...didn't really want to delete any specific thread..just really wanted to reduce the number of threads that are on my list that are either stale or my question answered etc etc...can that be done?

4. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    A watched thread can be unwatched by clicking Unwatch Thread on the right side of the screen in that thread, or in your personal details>watched threads, you can check the thread, and scroll down to Stop watching thread>GO, after checking one or more threads in the list.

5. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On

hi...thanks, but I have nothing in watched treads....when the new format started, I lost all my watched threads and now everything now seems to be under "Your Content".......that is what I want to clean up...

.....plus now that I have posted twice I have 2 lines for the same thread under "Your Content"

R

6. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    "Your Content" is simply a shortcut to a search of all of your contributions...all your posts and threads. It isn't a customizable list. For that you need to use the "Watched" lists.

7. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    You lost your older 'Watched Threads' with the recent changes to the site? My watched threads still go back about 5 years-since I joined TB. Maybe Supporting Members were able to keep them as a benefit.

8. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

You didn't lose them. There is a little button that says "show all threads" underneath the line where it says you have no new watched threads. I thought I had lost mine as well, but nope, they are there.

9. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    You can check out any time you like...but you can never leave!

10. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    :thumbsup:

11. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    ahh....excellent......there's always the fine print

thanx!!