1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Your favorite headphones

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by zZippy, Jan 15, 2019.

1. kutkut

kutkut

Oct 4, 2011
    Closed Back: Great for practicing anytime anywhere, no sound leaking but some find fatiguing for prolonged use, tend o be bass heavy :) also less sound stage. examples: Sennheiser HD-25, Sony MDR-7609, Beyerdynamic DT770, Audiotechnica ATH-M50x.

Open Back: Better sound stage more neutral frequency response, not so good in isolation or sound leak, less fatigue on ears. Examples: Beyerdynamic DT880 (Half/open), DT990, Sennheiser HD589, HD600, HD650.

My experience i own 3 headphones and 1 iem (Sennheiser HD-25, Senn HD 6xx, Sony MDR 7609, TFX Galaxy 2) and i love them all, but i tend to always use the Sennheiser HD-25 :)

I've also tried the Audiotechnica ATH-M50x and the Beyerdynamic DT770/990 and they were not to my liking.