1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Your First Celebrity Crush - Spill It

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DiabolusInMusic, Mar 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I do not know the exact year but it was in the early 90s and I was quite young, I realized I liked a girl and her name was Paula. My mother bought her tape for me which was played religiously. I was too young to know why I liked her beyond her music but I knew I was in love, the joys of youth. I used to just stare at the tape and read through the insert thinking "this is it." I heard "Forever Your Girl" on the radio the other day and it threw me right back to being a little kid again and listening to this album in my bedroom.

Paula Abdul will forever be my girl. I know you guys all had an equivalent crush in your youth so spill the beans. Bonus points if you had your room covered in posters, Tiger Beat style. I remember my sister had a few of Devon Sawa and Edward Furlong. All the posters in my room featured hockey players though.

Please include a picture or reference and please do not post anything creepy here folks, let's keep it lighthearted and fun. This is about your childhood crush, not your teenage dream. I know people ignore the OP and their requests but I really do not want this to devolve into a "hot chicks" thread, there are enough of those elsewhere on this forum that you can participate in. I would also really like to hear from some female members here so I do not want them scared off.

And yes, I did search and find the other thread about a similar topic. Somebody is going to complain if I bump a zombie thread and somebody is going to whine if I "didn't do a search" so I cannot really win either way.

2. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    As a kid in the 70's:
    index2.jpg

As a teenager & 20 something in the 80's:
    index.jpg

Into the 90's and my current "Celebrity Wife":
    images.jpg

MCF, GKon, Tom Bomb and 3 others like this.
  3. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I hit puberty in the 90s. There's only one answer.
    image.jpeg

4. BboogieXVII

BboogieXVII

Feb 4, 2013
    jammin
    Names, and a bit of explanation might be nice, since I don't seem to recognize anyone who is on the time-line after Farrah Fawcett.

ChrisB2, DiabolusInMusic and GKon like this.
  5. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Where do you see Farrah Fawcett?

Gazman likes this.
  6. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I'm not gonna post a picture because it's a bit naughty, but there was a scene in Crocodile Dundee where the girl is filling her canteen at a pond. Remember that? She's wearing this one piece black swim suit with a thong back and crouching down. That scene used to drive me crazy.

7. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Well, in my case ( in order of appearance):

1) Susan Dey. Played Lori on "The Partridge Family". When I was 6 or 7, I was convinced that we would be married someday. That never happened.

2) Michelle Pfeiffer. Actress. First saw her in Grease 2. When I was 14, I was convinced that we would be married someday. That never happened.

3) Catherine Zeta-Jones. Actress. At the age of 28, I was convinced that we would be married someday. That never happened.

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  8. ESPweasel

ESPweasel

Jan 6, 2016
    Charlotte NC
    Brooke circa 1980. I was 13 she was 15. :D (First one I thought of anyway)

5A6DA624ADA8993E41A0F938592138D8A212B81D.gif

GKon, DiabolusInMusic and Tom Bomb like this.
  9. BboogieXVII

BboogieXVII

Feb 4, 2013
    jammin
    OK, here you go.

Farrah_Fawcett_iconic_pinup_1976.jpg

The smile is totally fake and the body a bit flabby (compared to a lot of women at the gym) but she was totally the thing way back when.

10. That poster was everywhere. She really wasn't my cup o tea, but she added points on my scoresheet.

Here is my earliest childhood crush:

740full-ruta-lee.jpg

Ruta Lee, played bit parts on several shows I watched as a kid.

MCF, DiabolusInMusic and Tom Bomb like this.
  11. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
  12. Anne Lockhart from (the original) Battlestar Galactica. I was 13. Oh my gawd, did I have it bad for her.

annelockhart.jpg

Fishheadjoe, osv, GKon and 3 others like this.
  13. I don't remember who was first but Cilla Black and Helen Ready both got a look in.

DiabolusInMusic and Tom Bomb like this.
  14. Phoebe Cates and Jennifer Jason Leigh. (yeah, guess what movie I got my hands on when I was a kid...)

c7177d155e3c8e6f90e48a2e657525fc.jpg

15. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    David Cassidy. I'm pleading latency period.

16. I used to get home from school eagerly waiting for a strange Canadian TV show called
    "You Can't Do That on Television" just to see a girl called Moose...

DigMe, RyFi, Munjibunga and 3 others like this.
  17. Tom Bomb likes this.
  18. Carolyn Jones:

carolyn-jones-morticia-addams-morticia-addams-11460991-768-576.jpg

Most of you would know her as Morticia Addams.

Clark Dark, 47th Street, Hues and 8 others like this.
  19. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Birth of your wet t shirt fetish as well, one would assume.

20. Who is she?