1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Your Gig Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazzbass_5, May 25, 2009.

1. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Yes, not a lot of talk about the 112s. Most seem to go for the 115 or 215, with some loving the 115 + 210 combination. But I love these cabs.

MTN.bass72 likes this.
  2. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Keeping it simple these days:
    C65819A8-34E3-4D9B-B274-728CA8EBB739.jpeg

BrentSimons, McG, RumbleBot and 3 others like this.
  3. Goatrope

Goatrope

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    :banghead: F0CE2293-24C4-4C2E-8A8B-E02EF7DFD266.png
    From my last gig, March 15th. :dead::banghead:

4. jazzbass_5 and BrentSimons like this.
  5. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Hey Alan,
    Still using a HPF and tilt-back support?

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  6. My gear.jpg
    Picture is a little blurry, but this is my rig. An Ibanez Promethean combo, and an extension cab I built myself. 300 watts, two Eminence CA-10 speakers, with PA support it does the job.

7. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Haven’t used the HPF with the Markbass yet. But I’ve only used the Markbass 4-5 times. The clarity on that thing is unreal, it’s a different animal than my Rumble. I have been using the tilt back pretty much ever time. On the last gig, The Markbass was almost too harsh and mid forward, so I was curious on the next gig to try without, just to see how it does. (And obviously I can cut back some mids, I just like to experiment.) But sadly I’ve just been watching the cancelled gigs go by :(

either way, I’m glad to have them in my toolbox! :thumbsup:

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  8. Updated pic for new bass. This will be my gig rig when all this blows over...

FCF660C7-268F-463B-8217-AFE33FF08DA0.jpeg

9. What are you using for tilt-back? I use ampwedge for my 121p it is adjustable [with steps]. By adjusting angle you can change overall tone [stage] based on your distance from Amp and still maintain best setting for audience tone.

10. jazzbass_5

jazzbass_5

Sep 1, 2007
    NY, Medina
    I have a guitar player friend who has a couple of those ADA rigs. He loves them and has 1 as a backup incase.

RumbleBot likes this.
  11. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    I have the onstage folding wedge. It says it goes up to 30 degrees, I suppose you could put it halfway up to lessen the angle. What I like about this one is it folds very slim, and I can slip it into my bag.
    On-Stage Stands RS100 Amp Tilt System

12. That should work since it is adjustable.[as opposed to reducing mids to audience] Ampwedge max is 20 degrees which is how I use it most of the time. A 30 degree angle may be fine for a monitor in front of you or if you need to hear yourself being forced to stand right in front of your amp.

13. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Thanks for the feedback! I’m learning how to use the 2 amps differently. Where with the Rumble I’m taking measures to clean up the sound, I find with the Mark I’m taking measures to warm it up! Or at least my perception on stage. You’re totally right, what the audience hears is not what I’m hearing on stage.

14. I love my ADA! Even though it as the MP2 guitar model, I’ve put more bass friendly tubes in it: old stock Telefunken ECC83 long smooth plate tubes. Nicer low end and harder to break up. And the cabinet simulated XLR recording outs are great DI!

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  15. rovito

rovito

Jun 26, 2005
    Maine
    I get myself in trouble when I get on these threads. Always leads to GAS!

16. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Same here! I don’t really look at the basses so much, but the amps always get me! :roflmao:

jazzbass_5 and rovito like this.
  17. rufus.K

rufus.K Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Screenshot_20200502-101618_Chrome.jpg

That poor input jack

18. _Some Dude

_Some Dude

Sep 14, 2016
    I went back several pages... I can’t be the only one?

jqhZF3m.jpg

19. Yeah, I realized that after I took the picture. Wasn’t thinking. Luckily, it only sat like that for a minute.

20. rufus.K

rufus.K Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Its that longest running gag on TB, that folks uses SVTs ubiquitously. Theres always a bassman offstage mic'd...
    ...dirty little industry secret by the Big Tube Industrial Complex to make us by more 6550s.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021