1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Your Sansamp PSA

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by spector29, Sep 14, 2008.

1. spector29

spector29

Aug 30, 2007
    Hey Justin,

I heard you are using a PSA on the Nine Inch Nails tour so I have a couple of questions.

I'm interested in a Sansamp PSA for the reason of combining a guitar and bass setup in one and for recording.

I'm curious as to whether you run your guitar and bass through the PSA live with Nine Inch Nails?

Your using it with a palmer though aren't you. So I guess it would be fairly different with a club setup.
    I'll mainly be playing bass in an indie shoegaze band and guitar in my alternative band which is more suited to NIN sound I guess.

I was going to go a Trace or Gallien head but here in Australia music gear is pricey. Hell a PSA 1.1 is $1500 new and a Line 6 X3 live is around the same.
    So used is the go here.

Anyway cheers and keep up the awesome work.

2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Yeah, I run the PSA for everything. Then I have a Palmer, two channels, for guitar and bass separately.

It really does sound good. My Line 6 X3 Live is actually like a backup rig, and I've approximated most all of my tones. But I think the PSA wins for a richer, punchier tone.

Can't beat the X3 for simplicity and really good sounding effects, though.

Best,
    JMJ

3. spector29

spector29

Aug 30, 2007
    Yeah suppose you get all in one box with the X3.

Anyway goodluck on the next leg of the tour.